- 1 Push right
- 2 Can you please add existing https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FileProtocolLinks to git
- 3 Add you to gitblit
- 4 About deleting the Cards extension
- 5 A cupcake for you!
- 6 See task at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T121371 about gerrit
- 7 Thanks!
- 8 Name and username change at Gerrit
- 9 Gerrit new repo
- 10 Gerrit new repo for Memento
- 11 Ambigous name wikistats for Gerrit Repo
- 12 RE: new gerrit repository for Extension:CategoryWatch
- 13 defaultbranch vs. track
- 14 New repo
Hi Chris, thanks for creating the repos at wikipedia/wikiwidgets/Formicarium and wikipedia/wikiwidgets/Vivarium. Today I tried to push some changes but found that I don't have push rights to the repo. You mentioned something about giving Submit privilege to myself, but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing or how can I do that. Can you help me out? Thanks! --Felipe (talk) 18:51, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- QChrisNonWMF (talk) 19:20, 23 June 2015 (UTC) Done Hi Felipe, the repos have been requested with “Merge review” in the “Preferred Model” column, and therefore direct Push permission has not been granted. To get Push permission right from the start, request repos with “Open push” as “Preferred Model”. I now switched both repos to “Open push”, and direct pushing should now work for them. --
Can you please add existing https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FileProtocolLinks to git
- QChrisNonWMF (talk) 08:26, 4 September 2015 (UTC) Done Thanks. Let's discuss in that phabricator task then. --
Add you to gitblit
Hi I have added you to the https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/gitblit/ project because gerrit and gitblit projects were split and as you are a member of gerrit project I thought that you can be added to gitblit. please remove your self if you doint want to be a member. Paladox2017 (talk) 21:11, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Paladox2017: In so many discussions I've asked you nicely to not add me to random things. And I also told you in so many occasions that I prefer to handle myself where I get added. This is the last warning. If you'll again add me to random stuff, I'll escalate. --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 22:08, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Ok sorry I won't do it any more. What if I want to ask you something like @username woulden I have to add you to the task temporarily until you answer or want to remove your self. Would @username notify you without adding you to the task. 220.127.116.11 22:58, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- What's more relevant to me is if you really want to ask me specifically :-)
- If you have a question around code that I wrote/maintain, and you want to ask me specifically, that's just fine. Ask me. Add me to the change. Send me a message. Send me an email. Ping me in IRC. That's all fine.
- But adding me to changes on projects that I never worked on or even looked at, is different. Please address such questions to people who are in charge of that code.
- Also when it comes to git/gerrit stuff. Most likely, you do not want to ask me specifically, but most of the time you want to ask Phabricator's
Gerritproject. Other people on those project can chime in too.
- Finally, when it comes to adding people to projects (see above), you do not want to do that at all without asking them beforehand ;-) --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 22:18, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
About deleting the Cards extension
Thanks for creating the Cards repo. Our plans seem to have changed and we'd like to keep the Cards extension for now. I'll let you know when to delete the newly created repo. Sorry the change-of-mind.
- QChrisNonWMF (talk) 11:26, 16 November 2015 (UTC) Done Ok. Cool. Thanks for letting me know --
A cupcake for you!
|Thanks for the salt repo, that was awesomely fast! ArielGlenn (talk) 15:31, 1 December 2015 (UTC)|
See task at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T121371 about gerrit
Hi please could you see task at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T121371 its about gerrit and also when creating a gerrit repo to also create a phabricator repo that mirrors off the gerrit repo and to also update the redirect script with the new repo. 18.104.22.168 01:10, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- QChrisNonWMF (talk) 12:53, 14 December 2015 (UTC) Done Hi, I seems AKlapper in the meantime triaged and closed the task. --
- You tha best! Thanks Ori! :-) --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 15:47, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
- I thank you too, you have created many repos for me already, very fast and efficient! --Felipe (talk) 15:07, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
Name and username change at Gerrit
Hi Chris. I'm trying to unify my name and username throughout the internet, and Gerrit is one of the last services missing. My name there is "Luis Felipe Schenone" and my username is "lfs". Would it be too much trouble to change that to "Felipe Schenone" and "lfschenone"? Thanks a lot! --Felipe (talk) 15:06, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
- Yay; unification is a venerable goal!
- However, Gerrit is using wikitech's LDAP database for the accounts. So one would have to change your wikitech's LDAP account. I asked in #wikimedia-labs, and since LDAP renames are painful, I've been told that they'd prefer you to sign up afresh with your new username.
- Not ideal. I know :-(
- Would it nonetheless work for you, or do we need to find a better way? --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 16:29, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
Gerrit new repo
Hello Christian, i'm a new lab user trying to finalize the account configuration. The lab user is Youni Verciti, i paste on the gerrit user's settings the same SSH_public_Key. I was so lost that i post the request twice, but the repo. i request is for a tool "vocabulary-index" running in command-line for French Wikiversity. Then i saw that you where taking care of the list. Thanks a lot. --Youni Verciti (talk) 16:05, 12 February 2016 (UTC)
- labs/tools/vocabulary-index. If you run into issues, just let me know. --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 11:02, 14 February 2016 (UTC) Done Hi Youni, Sorry for the delay. I created the repo for you at
Gerrit new repo for Memento
Hello Chris, I appreciate the attempt at importing the code from https://github.com/mementoweb/mediawiki into Gerrit. I was able to remove the offending file from the history, but I can't seem to move the repository in myself. Some commits are attributed to email addresses belonging to committers from whom we accepted pull requests and gerrit is not allowing me to push because these addresses are not registered with gerrit. How do I resolve this? Thanks in advance.
- There are still issues with too big objects.
- The first one I encountered is
cae0017f3669df26c6ecc0c0e4f7eb7771a59b69. I see that you bz2-ed the file afterwards. But since the problematic commit is still a parent of the
masterbranch, and the
v2.1.4tags, I cannot import them without re-writing history.
- To work around it, I reshuffled your commits a bit and squished your fix-up commit into the problematic commit. That way, we avoid the big object and can import into gerrit. Now gerrit's
masterbranch matches github's
masterbranch (except for the added
- Is that good enough for you? --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 12:03, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Ambigous name wikistats for Gerrit Repo
Hey Chris. My bad, I should've done my homework and looked for similar names who already existed. Is it okay to change it to "wikipagestats", or shall I try to revamp the whole name? Egedda (talk) 14:16, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
RE: new gerrit repository for Extension:CategoryWatch
Thanks to create the new repository!
To answer your question about the user account.
I did sign up Wikitech to create an account, here is my user page: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sean_chen.
I do have a Mediawiki.org account too: User:Seanchen.
- Hi Sean. I see your user page, but I cannot find you in our LDAP directory. I'll have to reach out to our LDAP admins. --QChrisNonWMF (talk) 01:52, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
- HI Chris, I finally created the proper LDAP user: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Seanchenldap. Could you try find me again? Thanks! --Seanchen (talk) 13:03, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
defaultbranch vs. track
thanks for creating the Whoops repo!
I noticed that the
.gitreview file uses
defaultbranch=master but some time ago all extensions were updated to use
track=1 instead. Maybe some template needs to be updated? --Tgr (WMF) (talk) 15:05, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi! I've added at Gerrit/New repositories/Requests/Entries a request that was made at phab:T174281. Not sure where these things are handled today (still at that page or at Phabricator). In any case, if you could please handle it that'd be great. Note that it's Huji's request, not mine. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 13:00, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- QChrisNonWMF (talk) 21:08, 28 August 2017 (UTC) Done Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I've chimed in there --
- Thanks! Just saw your question. I hope that Huji can reply to it as he's going to be the owner. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 21:09, 28 August 2017 (UTC)