- Categories of Templates on meta: Category:Handbook templates
--11:36, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
- 2回目の警告です。$ で始まる変数名 ($MWLogger など) は翻訳しないでください。 Translations:Manual:$wgMWLoggerDefaultSpi/6/ja --Shirayuki (talk) 14:39, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Trizek (WMF) For the image caption and blacket issue you reverted my edit, my intention was to make it a translation source. Would you please assign that caption for translation? ----Omotecho (talk) 09:40, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- Never mind, it works as is! ;) ----Omotecho (talk) 09:42, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- You certainly have a good reason to suggest that change, I'm just not understanding it! :D
- Add the brackets inside of the translation unit would have result in the following source:
Location of the two options in the toolbar.]]SO people whould have had to add or keep the ]], which is a bit confusing. That's why the brackets are outside and you don't need to worry about them for a perfect result.
- Thank you for that translation by the way! Is it related to T195993?
- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 09:59, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks for TechNews as always, #23 inspired me to sort and found ”Help:New Filters For Edit Review” needs some sentences translated into ja (myself beginning to use that function more) :)
- Well, back to the subject here, if I remember correctly, the bracket situation was confusing;
- when I sorted the caption "Location of the two options in the toolbar." in the older version, I thought it was not accessible, and
- I supposed that caption was not assigned for translation, and edited the /en file by moving end_translate code after square brackets.
- Then from the surface, the caption appeared as translation source, which I put into ja.
- The only unclear part is that why the _/translate_ code inside the brackets did not show the caption in translation extension window ... ----Omotecho (talk) 11:48, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Translator Barnstar|
|Thank you for all your help with translations! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 17:04, 8 August 2018 (UTC)|
Talk pages consultation in Japanese language?
Thank you for your translation of the talk pages consultation announcement in Japanese! Do you plan to host that consultation on Japanese Wikipedia? That would be great!
- @Trizek (WMF): Thank you so much to bring this great consultation chance across Wikimedia Talk pages! As it's the semester-end here for colleges and institutions, I stand by for hosts jumping in: always happy to extend ideas to your team with some ja-en support. cheers. --Omotecho (talk) 15:54, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
Preparing a page for translation
I saw your edit here, and I have to inform you that this is not the way to prepare a page for translation. Please see Help:Extension:Translate/Page_translation_administration#Segmentation onward for more information. You'll have to split the translation units, skip markup, etc. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) 09:28, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for your advise and pointing me to the Help page link. Cheers, --Omotecho (talk) 08:11, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 14:34, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 19:14, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 17:04, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
Translating project pages
Usually, I don't recommend marking all of a project page for translation. Translators' time is extremely valuable, and I don't want to ask you to translate things that might change, or that don't seem important.
That said, whatever you and User:Shirayuki want to translate is okay with me. You can mark as much – or as little – of that page for translation as you want. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 23:10, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
আপনার জন্য একটি পদক!
- I am honoured for your offer, and please keep high spirit with CX2: it needs our input to become more mature, esp those of us in Asian languages (:. Kindly, Omotecho (talk) 14:32, 15 September 2020 (UTC)
Growth team updates
I'm doing a follow up about this idea. I'm curious to know what would be the benefit of having this page being translated. :)
Also, do you think Japanese Wikipedia would be interested by the Growth tools?
[WMF Board of Trustees - Call for feedback: Community Board seats] Meetings with MediaWiki and Wikitech communities
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. This call for feedback is to see what processes can we all collaboratively design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?
In this regard, two rounds of feedback meetings are being hosted to collect feedback from the technical communities in Wikimedia. Two rounds are being hosted with the same agenda, to accomodate people from various time zones across the globe. We will be discussing ideas proposed by the Board and the community to address the above mentioned problems. Please sign-up according to whatever is most comfortable to you. You are welcome to participate in both as well!
- Round 1 - Feb 25, 4:00 pm UTC
- Round 2 - Mar 4, 4:00 am UTC
- Sign-up and meeting details: Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Conversations/MediaWiki and Wikitech
Also, please share this with other volunteers who might be interested in this. Let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), 14:38, 21 February 2021 (UTC)