Greetings, Andreas. I like the looks of your SelectCategoryTagCloud.php extension, but apparently 1.12.0 breaks it. (Firefox 3 and IE7 have the same issues). Basically, the UI is messed up and no longer functions; the box and tabs dont show up as you'd expect. The "autocomplete" feature works when you press the first matching character; but subsequent matching characters don't work at all; so if I have a category named "important", then "i" matches, but "im" does not; er? It looks like the ajax handler is working okay, but there's a problem in the CSS/html output.
Any chance you'll be working on this soon?--Otheus 21:03, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- I am not sure how it got out of sync but we have it all working on MIKE2.0. We have just released omCollab which is a bundle of open source apps (Mediawiki, Wordpress, omBookmarks) and which includes this extension as well. You can check there for our most recent version. But we want to keep this page (and the other extensions) also on mediawiki.org. I will be on vacation over the next two weeks, but will make sure it gets fixed. ----
- I went to Mike. Yeah, it looks really nice there, but you have A LOT of skin customization. I think this is where maybe it went wrong (?).
- No offense, but I went with "CategoryExtensions"'s CategoryEditor, by Mrenoch over at meta. m:User:Mrenoch/CategoryExtras It's buggy as hell with mw 1.12.0, but I was able to find the bugs easily enough (it inherited from no-longer valid classes in the SpecialCategory file). Anyway, I actually prefer the interface, (1) being at the top, and (2) having a select/remove list, which most users are accustomed to. I don't think my users will be ready for the cloud yet.
- I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
- --otheus 15:41, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
im getting an Error when I try to upload a file and get to the special:upload page and the filesize ist to big or the file exists, the error looks like this: PHP Notice: Undefined index: txtSelectedCategories in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mediawiki\extensions\CategorySuggest\CategorySuggest.body.php on line 85 when I dont get though the largefile/exist site, everything works fine.
How can i get rid of this?
Category Suggest CSS not appearing on intial edit page
Thanks for this extension. The CSS seems to work better with a different hook.
# Hook our own CSS:
#$wgHooks['OutputPageParserOutput'] = 'fnCategorySuggestOutputHook';
$wgHooks['BeforePageDisplay'] = 'fnCategorySuggestOutputHook';
Sorry! I don't know how to "talk" on this page and how to "edit" to ask question. My question is: I had the same problem that the category suggest CSS not appearing on initial edit page. May I know what I should do to "hook" the code above? In which file should I add this piece of code in?
Category Suggest Maintenance 2012-08-01
Since it seems that CategorySuggest has been abandoned, I've updated the extension page to point to a fixed version that I'm hosting on GitHub. Please let me know if you would like to pick up maintenance of the extension and I'd be happy to step away, but I'd hate to see the extension perish for lack of support.
Archival of Extension:SelectCategoryTagCloud
Hello Lindele, Extension:SelectCategoryTagCloud, which you are listed as a maintainer of, has been listed for archival. Please see phab:T216654 for the rationale and checklist. If you don't want the extension archived, that is also the place to comment about it. 「ディノ奴千？！」☎ Dinoguy1000 20:10, 20 February 2019 (UTC)