Thank you very much for your list of issues. I really appreciate it. I changed it to numbers for the first comment, so that it would be easier for me to track which ones Ed was talking about. If you don't like it, then please feel free to revert the change.
That's totally fine. :) I should have created different posts about each issue, or created Phab tickets, but since I haven't stalked Phab or the feedback page, I don't know which issues had already been adressed, so I just listed them.
Putting it all in one place made it very easy to point the devs at yours as an example (and exemplary :-) list this morning. In general, Phab tasks are very welcome. There are about 60 open tasks in the project at the moment, so it's still a short enough list that I feel like I can read them all when I'm trying to find out whether something's already been filed.
I'll sign up as a watcher on that board, so I can see when new tasks are filed and which haven't yet, so in the future I can file quick tickets instead of revinging old lists. :)
A few questions for you
Hi there! Because you are a proud member of the community taskforce for the visual editor, I'm sending you this short questionnaire so that we can learn how to improve existing resources and about different ways to build and share community knowledge. Thanks for participating! I'll come back here to collect your answers on September 9th. I'll collate answers on the taskforce talk page. Talk to you soon!
PS: If for any reason you'd like to provide your answers privately, just send me an email instead.
- Was the existing documentation about how to adapt the visual editor to your context useful to you?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve or expand it? (Note it has been changed recently, here's what it looked like before.)
- What is your preferred format to learn about something or about how to get things done? Feel free to list tools or other resources, even if they aren't being used currently on our sites.
- What is the one thing related to adapting the visual editor which is not explained well anywhere and you're still struggling to learn more about?
- Did you create additional documentation/resources to help yourself and others? Like user guides, how-to/instruction pages, etc.? If so, please provide links.
- Did somebody else from WMF or your community assist you with the visual editor community work you did so far? Please list names and the ways they provided support (like, Alice sent me an email to explain how to do X). Please, add community members' names to the taskforce list if they are not there yet.
- This response will be expanded and filled out until September 9. This is not a finnished response or answers, just a starting draft and point.
- I had not seen that document as of yet, so have not had any use for it. I have not been part of helping rolling out VE, but rather a "helping hand" to report and deal with issues.
- I like to discuss things as I go along and do stuff, so a link to an IRC channel or something would be nice.
- I did some work on the "VE-page" on sv.wp to help users report errors. But that page is a bit hidden, so it is not easy to find the feedback-page.
- You litre has helped me, Quiddity has hlped triage bugs and helped me chekc if they have been reported or not on Phab.
Ciao, should I consider the above as final? TY
Oh sh*t. I forgot about this...oh well...I dind't have much to add :/
it's ok. TY!