I've reverted your edits on Release notes/1.28 for the reason that the translation markup you used is unnecessary complex. If you haven't already, please read Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example and its base page Help:Extension:Translate. The message there is that you should use as little translation tags as possible, so don't wrap headers in separate tags, but include them with the text below. The translate extension will understand that they are separate units, and will take care of that for you. You also don't need to use <tvar> for things like version names, they should be used for links or parser functions instead.
Well, I went by how previous release notes were prepared for translation. Suggest you refer to those.
Well, then I can only compliment on following the examples. I do note that those don't use <tvar> for things like version names, so I'll go ahead and revert my edit with those changed. Thanks!
Yeah. I would have prepared the whole article, but since others didn't - I didn't. Yes, I suppose we don't really need tvar for version names, although it doesn't really matter if they're there or not (imo). However, I've also prepared Cite Help article and tvarring the templates there is pretty convenient for translators in my opinion (took me a hell of a long time to prepare too).