If you don't know what you are doing, please refrain from changing things . Even if it were technically correct note that
- Globally importing resources from a third party (in this case ajax.googleapis.com) is big no-no
- jQuery is already available, provided by recent MediaWiki versions.
Best regards Platonides 22:58, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome.
- I readily admit that I am not well versed in MediaWiki or programming. But during the next couple of days, I will run some tests on MediaWiki.org for the Account Creation Improvement Project. If I crash anything, please revert it, and of course there should not be any unfree software, but otherwise, keep contacting me if you have any questions about what I am doing.
- Best wishes, Hannibal 06:59, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
Notice: Admin activity review
I hope that this message finds you well.
I am writing to inform you that you may lose your adminship (and other advanced permissions) on mediawiki.org because of inactivity.
A policy regarding the removal of advanced permissions (e.g.: administrator, bureaucrat, interface-admin, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. While initially that policy did not apply to this site, the mediawiki.org community decided in August 2020 to opt-in.
You are being notified because we have identified that your account meets the inactivity criteria stated in the policy: no edits and no administrative log actions for the last 2 years.
- If you want to keep your advanced permissions, you should inform the community (at Project:Current issues) about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. A community notice about this process has been also posted on said page. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your advanced permissions, please contact the stewards at the stewards noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish for you to continue to maintain your advanced permissions.
- If you wish to resign your advanced permissions, you may do so by filing a request for removal on Meta-Wiki.
- If there is no response at all on one month after this notification, the stewards will proceed to remove your advanced permissions without further notice.
In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review.
If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to message us at the stewards. If you feel we've made a mistake and your account is active, we'd also appreciate to let us know, and please accept our apologies.