Echo list concerns
Hello Ebern! This is ShoeMaker from Bugzilla. I have a concern about "no prefix" for the blacklist/whitelist. What happens when A, User:A, and Project:A all exist? Technical 13 (talk) 18:17, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi User:Technical 13! Currently the blacklist/whitelist functionality only effects which users trigger notification creation, it doesn't have any relation to which page the notification was created for. I initially implemented the blacklist/whitelist this way because the primary use case, as explained to me, was to prevent bots from spamming people with notifications that are 99% irrelevant. As such there is no internal conflict between names, they can only be usernames which are guaranteed to be unique. It is possible that this feature will be extended to more uses but I'm not sure what those are yet, i believe fabrice is collecting more information so this feature can be expanded to be even more useful going forward.
- Okay, the reason for my concern having to do with the namespaces was due to the section that mentions that certain "Project:" pages dealing with awards, surprises, and SPI type investigations would also be on the the list. I realize the window for overlap in these cases is slim, being a perfectionist, I would rather it be none instead of slim and figure the best time to raise these concerns is now during development instead of someone having to go back and fix something. Technical 13 (talk) 18:59, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Notice: Admin activity review
I hope that this message finds you well.
I am writing to inform you that you may lose your adminship (and other advanced permissions) on mediawiki.org because of inactivity.
A policy regarding the removal of advanced permissions (e.g.: administrator, bureaucrat, interface-admin, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. While initially that policy did not apply to this site, the mediawiki.org community decided in August 2020 to opt-in.
You are being notified because we have identified that your account meets the inactivity criteria stated in the policy: no edits and no administrative log actions for the last 2 years.
- If you want to keep your advanced permissions, you should inform the community (at Project:Current issues) about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. A community notice about this process has been also posted on said page. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your advanced permissions, please contact the stewards at the stewards noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish for you to continue to maintain your advanced permissions.
- If you wish to resign your advanced permissions, you may do so by filing a request for removal on Meta-Wiki.
- If there is no response at all on one month after this notification, the stewards will proceed to remove your advanced permissions without further notice.
In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review.
If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to message us at the stewards. If you feel we've made a mistake and your account is active, we'd also appreciate to let us know, and please accept our apologies.