User talk:Amire80/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Thanks, and regards, --Meno25 01:50, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Turn on content translation for the Uzbek language
Amir, could you please turn on the Content Translation extension for Uzbek Wikipedia? Please make sure that it's turned off by default. Uzbek Wiki users don't seem to object. User:6ahodir (talk) 21:40, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
Because you mentioned it, here's my reaction. :-) Nemo 10:10, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
Mentoring Google Summer of Code
Amir, is there a student whose proposal you are interested in mentoring? If so, please send a note to wikitech-l claiming that, ASAP -- otherwise I shall direct students who still need mentors towards you. :-)
thanks, Sumana Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator (talk) 16:05, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
Interface font size
Hi Mr Amire80 ,
In response to the discussion from Here, I, speaking on behalf of the contributors of Hakka Wikipedia wish to request that our font size on Hakka Wikipedia be enlarged to the same font size as that used on zh-yue:Cantonese Wikipedia.
In the past few years, this was not an issue because Hakka Wikipedia had been using the romanized alphabet. However, now there are contributors who wish to write Hakka using Chinese characters and when they view the chinese characters on Hakka wikipedia, they regard the font size as not large enough and hence it is more difficult for them to read the chinese character articles. They have already voiced this issue on my talk page at least twice now.
Hence it would be great if the default font size for displaying chinese characters on Hakka Wikipedia could to be enlarged to the same size as that used on Cantonese Wikipedia. Could you also help us out on this? It would mean a lot to us.
To us contributors of Hakka Wikipedia, this is very important and can be the difference between having an active community there and a deadbeat Wikipedia.
- I had mentioned this issue to Runab, however he has not responded for weeks now.
- A user noted on Hakka wikipedia that the font used on Hakka Wikipedia resembles that of English Wikipedia whereas the Chinese characters fonts have not been implemented there yet. Could you help us enable the Chinese character font to display to its proper size? --Hakka (talk) 04:10, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello. Could you please add hi to the languages in this template. Its edit-protected so I can't do it myself. All that needs to be done is that
Здравствуйте, Амир. Надеюсь вы меня помните. Мы вместе были в Алмате на конференции. Думаю, вы сможете мне помочь. Дело в том, что в азвики уведомления всё ещё на английском. Не знаете, где мне их можно перевести? --Interfase (talk) 09:40, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Надо перевести расширение Echo. Я вижу, что вы это уже начали в октябре, но с тех пор там добавилось ещё сообщений.
- Как правило, сообщения добавляются почти каждый день, и поэтому я очень советую регулярно заглядывать в translatewiki и переводить. Для удобства вот ссылки:
- Во все эти ссылки советую заходить хотя бы раз в неделю. Когда в ссылках выше будет больше нечего делать, советую зайти и в следующую:
- Очень рад вопросу :) --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 10:06, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
Extension:EasyTimeline / Non-latin alphabets
- Сейчас на втором плане, но можно попробовать сделать <timeline method="svg2png">. С некоторыми картинками работает, с некоторыми - нет. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 11:37, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
Info request from event login
Greetings, At Talk:Universal_Language_Selector#Info__request_from_event_login__46350 I have made request for ULS stats. We seek your kind attention to this request and support.
Thanks and warm regards
autopromote values affecting participation
Hi, this is an excellent question! Have a look at meta:Talk:Flagged Revisions#Comparison of some Wikipedias and the long and confused discussion. "Autopromote" (when? or not?) is really important for flagged revisions. I wrote: "d) What terrible things would happen if we relaxed conditions for flagged revisions review rights, from 150 good edits to 80 (autoreview), or from 300 good edits to 150 (editor)? What good would it do? We don't know. Active editors immediately forget how things worked before they had those rights. When gesichtete Versionen started in 2009, deWP had 6500 users with rights, it's 13000 users now in 2013. Shouldn't this be more? Maybe this is OK on deWP, but on other WP, arWP? How to find out?" (See also Bug 42360 - Provide regular cross-wiki reports on flagged revisions status) This stuff is vital, and there is no analysis and not even data (since toolserver shutdown). --Atlasowa (talk) 23:13, 10 January 2015 (UTC)