Hi. Re: User:Cathfolant/typographyrefreshoverride.css - I think you need to change a large number of those elements, eg we didn't specify "font-size: 93%;" before, instead we had "font-size: 0.8em;". Eg.2. There were no changes to the monospace font. You can see most of the relevant changes, here, and should be able to deconstruct the old version from that and the other items linked at Typography_refresh#Code_links.
I suspect that anyone who really wants to opt-out, will have varying desires for which aspect they want to override (ie. most people are only likely to object to the font-family and font-color change. Whereas the tiny increase to font-size, and the adjusted spacing fixes, are fairly universally welcomed). I'd suggest structuring your override.css into 3 sections: A) font-family override B) font color override C) sizing changes override - so that editors can pick the chunks they object to, without it being "all or nothing".
- Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do. Cathfolant (talk) 21:38, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Since I use your css page (on nl-wiki and elsewhere), I have the problem in .js and .css pages that when editing such page and I place the cursor somewhere between characters, like to change 120 to 130, the place where I do the actually edit is different. While editing, the text of these pages is shown smaller than I can select with the cursor. Can you help me what is causing this?
- Another thing I noticed using your css, is that on categories and file pages, the headers created by the software are still in the new typography, while the headers added by users are in the override font. This is also a problem on Wikidata. Is that possible to fix? Romaine (talk) 13:00, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Romaine: The problem editing your js and css files should be fixable by clicking a button on the very left of the edit toolbar that looks like /* . I've also noticed the serif headers on file pages but not on category pages, though the latter doesn't surprise me - afraid I don't have a solution yet, but will try to fix it when I'm not busy. Cathfolant (talk) 14:12, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, I added a chapter about your css here. I hope it's ok, is it?--DancingPhilosopher (talk) 13:24, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Graphic Designer's Barnstar|
|Thanks for providing a way to keep good old font! Don-vip (talk) 14:35, 5 April 2014 (UTC)|