Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zürich, 9-11 May 2014
- Done MediaWiki-Vagrant Bootcamp (Fri, 13:30 - 15:00, Room 3 -- didn't arrive on time for this one, but attended the other session on Sun, 9:30 - 10:30, Room 3. Got it up and running, and got some questions answered)
- Done OAuth Workshop (Sat, 9:30 - 10:30, Room 3 -- not really ready for client-side apps, but could be worked-around)
- Done API Documentation & Developer Hub (Sat, 10:30 - 12:00, Lobby -- chatted with Moiz & Quim, agreed on doc framework, will start filling up the matrix)
- Wikimedia Phabricator Day 1 (Sat, 15:00 - 16:30, Room 1 -- decided to hack instead) Not done
- Done Wikidata in 2020 (Sat, 13:30 - 15:00, Room 3 -- attended for a few minutes, but decided to do some more hacking instead)
- Done Meet Lila Tretikov, Wikimedia ED RC (Sat, 17:00 - 18:00, Room 1 -- attended and even asked some questions, at 20:45 and 36:00)
- Local Wikipedia forks (??? -- apparently, never happened) Not done
- Partially done The new face of MediaWiki.org (??? -- apparently, never happened; instead, I chatted with Quim about it for a little)
- Done Primerpedia
- improved mobile/fluid view
- find out how to fix the xml mode (solution: use xhtml extension rather than xml) -- thanks, Gabriel Wicke!
- eventually disable the xml mode anyway because the extracts aren't well-formed xml...
- started working on using Parsoid for the excerpts. Submitted bugzilla:65169 after trying to get Extension:TextExtracts to use Parsoid as suggested by Mark Traceur.
- Started implementing directly consuming parsoid from Primerpedia, with help from Gabriel Wicke again :)
- removed special element hiding rules from css, and implement them in Extension:TextExtracts instead. Thanks Brion for the review & merge!
- Done Get my pending changes merged
- gerrit:62157: installer image, change to css background to avoid underline on whitespace -- addressed Krinkle's comments, rebased; MatmaRex found a mistake in my rebase, I fixed it; he +2'd the patchset but it lacked a qqq for the new message. Fixed that as well, and now it's merged!
- gerrit:65613: install.php cleanup -- reviewed it with Mark, address his comment on the db path, actually implement the "deoptionalization" of the admin username parameter, rebased; merged!
- gerrit:65554: rename _AdminPassword2 to _AdminPasswordConfirm -- rebased, merged :)
- gerrit:30641: reorganize commonPrint.css -- abandoned, instead submitted two smaller edits here and here (both merged)
- update: I eventually decided to retry, and rebased the original change (minus the smaller edits above). After a while, I managed to get it merged asking on IRC, where mutante pointed me to gregg, who pointed me to jgonera, who reviewed it and merged a version with a minor change, kindly performed by bawolff. Almost two years after it was submitted, the change was finally merged!
- Done Gerard talked me into requesting the adding of kea to wikidata.
- jsUpdater (see relevant thread) Not done Ask Krinkle to update the
- Done Test and streamline the install.php one-liner:
rm -f LocalSettings.php && rm -f db/db.sqlite/my_wiki.sqlite && mkdir -p db/db.sqlite/ && touch db/db.sqlite/my_wiki.sqlite
php maintenance/install.php WIKINAME USERNAME --pass=PASSWORD --dbtype=sqlite --dbpath=db/db.sqlite
- Specifically, get this change merged (done), test to identify other points to improve, and add some content to Manual:Install.php
- Hmm, seems to work, but on trying to open it on a browser, I get "The requested URL /wiki/index.php/Main_Page was not found on this server". Looks like it's trying to open
- Done Pick stuff from User:Waldir#Potential bugs for hacking sessions