User:Sharihareswara (WMF)/Performance guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is currently a draft.
These performance guidelines aim to help MediaWiki developers avoid common performance problems that slow down MediaWiki and the site. Moved most to Performance guidelines and Performance profiling for Wikimedia code.
- The job queue does things with the database. We use Redis to do most of the heavy lifting - to store queue itself. But the runner part is still in-house.
Presentations and documents
- 2010 - Roan's Wikimania talk on security, scalability and performance for extension developers
- July 2011 - Tim's security & performance talk
- August 2011 - Tim on performance
- March 2012 - Asher on site performance, graphite, and gdash
- May 2012 - "Scalable Web Architecture and Distributed Systems" by Kate Matsudaira
- June 2012 - Roan's MySQL optimization tutorial ()
- September 2012 -
- February 2013 - Sumana on graphite and ganglia
- spring 2013 - Tim's performance talk at Amsterdam hackathon
- January 2014 - Architecture Summit notes on performance
- January 2014 - Graphite docs
- ? - Job class reference
- March 2014 - Our use cases for Redis
- April 2014 - Manual:Job queue (and, from November 2013, Manual:Job queue/For developers)
- ? - Manual:How_to_debug#Profiling
- April 2014 - http://ljungblad.nu/post/83400324746/80-of-end-user-response-time-is-spent-on-the-frontend