Name: Sanyam Goyal
Time zone: GMT+5.30(India)
Typical working hours: 10AM to 8 PM (flexible)
My name is Sanyam. I am Graduate from Computer Science department , IIT Mumbai, India. I am interested in applying for google summer of code 2010. I very much like the idea of open-source and I am passionate to be a part of one. I want to do this awesome project because It will give me an opportunity to work with a large open-source community,So that I can learn more about it.
In the Semantic MediaWiki extension:
- change Special:Ask to use jQuery and add autocompletion to the top two input windows
In the Semantic Forms extension:
- add a jQuery-based library like jqGrid for editing multiple-instance templates
- change the file-upload window to use jQuery instead of the Floatbox library
* change autocompletion to use jQuery instead of YUI ..Done
- make 'Special:CreateTemplate' and 'Special:CreateClass' pages more dynamic, using jQuery
In the Semantic Drilldown extension:
- change the 'combobox' input to use jQuery instead of ext
If time permits
In the Semantic Forms Inputs extension
- change the 'combobox' input to use jQuery instead of YUI, and possibly add it directly in to Semantic Forms
- change the 'datepicker' input to use jQuery
1. May-(first week) :- Programming Begins :
2. 12th July:- Finishing Required deleiverables (At least Two Semantic MediaWiki extension and Semantic Forms extension:
3. 23 rd August :- Project submission with Complete documentation of the work done
When I am deciding What to do I like to discuss among peers but when the work is decided I like to do it by myself. I like to keep things small and make small additions and in the process keep checking for errors. I don't like to hang the errors till the complete code is written.
how you plan to communicate progress
I plan to maintain a blog and update it with daily work. I will post any problems , errors, Interesting findings on that blog itself.
where you plan to publish your source code while you're working
I plan to use a SVN repository and commit daily.
how and where you plan to ask for help
I will be logged in on IRC everyday, If any problem occurs that I need help ,I will ask on IRC first. I will also post that problem in the blog. If I don't get an answer then I will mail it to developers mailing list cced to my mentor about the problem.
Past open source experience
- Implemented a Gallery2(open-source) web album printing plug-in in PHP using itasveer.com and Gallery2 API
- Implemented a multi-threaded desktop client for uploading photos based on the open-source Flickr Uploader in XulRunner
- I won the "Yahoo Hack Day" Competetion at Campus. you can find the review of our product at http://www.yuiblog.com/blog/2009/02/17/hacku-09-mumbai-delhi/comment-page-1/ (search for choosY) .
- you can browse my sample code files at (http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~sanyamgoyal/codefiles/)
- you can browse my resume at (http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~sanyamgoyal/resumelatest.pdf )
- Link to UI work done by me (work done in collabration with a friend) (http://www.choosy.byethost2.com/index.php)