User:Robchurch/Predefined block reasons
The problem with the previous block reasons was their terseness, which bordered on jargon for non-Wikimedians in some cases. The general range covered was acceptable, though.
I propose, for instance:
- Inserting false information
- Removing content from pages
- Spamming links to external sites
- Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages
- Intimidating behaviour/harassment
- Abusing multiple accounts
- Unacceptable username
An alternative would be for us to ship a blank reason message, and suppress the box if there's nothing in the message.
- At least on the English Wikipedia people tend to be blocked for "vandalism" whether or not they were inserting nonsense or removing content (especially as the more persistent frequently try both before being blocked), so suggesting to people that they should choose between the two (as drop-down lists tend to do) when blocking is probably unnecessary. Links to appropriate policy pages might be useful, but of course they vary from project to project, so that's not relevant here (I assume there will be some way for projects to customize this list once implemented) Gurch 10:42, 21 April 2007 (UTC)