- Project Title
- Generic, efficient Localisation Update service
- Public URL
- Bug Report
- Project listing
- Featured project from organization
Name and contact information
- Hiral Parikh
- Freenode IRC Nick
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Possible mentors
- Niklas Laxström, Kartik Mistry
- These are the major deliverable modules
- Service that keep track of the updates
- The logic of parsing and listing out the delta change
- The storage process in Redis using hash pair
- The RESTful.api that makes the changes available to client.
- Expected Timeline
May 19- May 25 -> investigation of the existing code. Understanding of the current functionality and designing the new modules to be put. Planning the integration and clear work flow. Design the sequence of modules to be coded. May 26- June 15 -> Starting with the code .Follow the sequence defined in the previous phase that will last up to June 15. Service that keep track of the update, parsing the new files and separation the delta change functionality would be ready. RESTful api would also be able to deliver the functionality. Redis will be configured to store the changes. June 16- July 22 -> The current code will be deployed on the local machine. The required configurations will be made and the code will be made ready to taste. June23- Aug 13 -> The deployed functionality will be tested with respect to the different test cases and the corrections will take place. Aug 14- Aug 18 -> The Documentation Process will start . Each and every functionality will be put into words with necessary diagrams.
The help of the other team members during the entire program and the code review will be done as no project is a standalone project.
I would like to publish the code on github as I am acquainted with github . The Mailing list, IRC and bugzilla comments are the sections along with the blog and the github where I can ask for help. The mentors would go through my work as well as other team members.
- Education completed or in progress?
Education in Progress. I am in 8th semester in Information Technology Branch. I am from L.D. College of Engineering.
- How did you hear about this program?
One of our senior participated in GSoC last year and I came to know about this from his gentle knowledge sharing talk.
- Will you have any other time commitments, such as school work, another job, planned vacation, etc., during the duration of the program?
I would be done with my semester exam by the last week of May. I am currently working as an Project Trainee at Elitecore Technologies PVT . Ltd. – Headoffice at Ahmedabad
- We advise all candidates eligible to Google Summer of Code and FOSS Outreach Program for Women to apply for both programs. Are you planning to apply to both programs and, if so, with what organization(s)?
Yes, I am planning to apply to both program with “Mediawiki” Organization.
These is not just a project but giving a chance to learn to many people in their own language. For e.g. Mediawiki is available in Gujarati language. Anyone knowing only Gujarati can make use of internet and read the pages in Gujarati . He also can gain the knowledge and give back to the society. Wiki is influencing many people.
- Please describe your experience with any other FOSS projects as a user and as a contributor
I have read on the basics, got a look at the work going around. I am using open source products since a long time. Wiki has always been a first stop for information.
- Please describe any relevant projects that you have worked on previously and what knowledge you gained from working on them (include links)
Project Name: PageRank Algorithm It ranks the set of pages relatively using the Google Formula(Basic). The project will be in JAVA language.
Any other info
I like to work for Society. This is the best opportunity for me to give back to the field which has a huge contribution in my own learning journey. I define myself as learner. I like to learn.