|Year||Total||Completed & useable||Used by WMF|
|2016||8||6 passed, 5 usable||2|
- * Although LQT is used by several WMF wikis, it is still not ready for full-scale production use and it took a lot of effort to improve it even to this state.
- ** Gave 0.5 points to interwiki transclusion in the completed column - still not merged into trunk. Gave 0.5 points to WS legal tool for both completion and use - although it was done, it's merely a bot and not a part of MW proper or extension; also its impact for WMF projects in general was pretty small. I understand that this might be highly subjective, but such is my opinion.
- *** Gave 0.5 points to 4 projects which have published mobile apps or extensions, or have "ready" but unmerged code: they're in use by some users, but not considered completed yet. 2012 and 2013 projects in use are only those composed by a collection of bug fixes/refactorings to existing extensions.
Reasons of failures
- Audio/video file recoding: not finished.
- WebDAV: not finished(?), doubtful usefulness from the beginning.
- Visual Diff: lack of mentor's time?
- MwEmbed: not finished.
- Image rendering daemon: not co-ordinated with WMF ops, lack of interest from mentor.
- Extension management platform: not co-ordinated with WMF ops, too hard for GSoC.
- Extension Release Management: too hard, student's personal problems.