Abdu is coming
Abdu is coming
An experienced Network Engineer with 3 years work record that proves my ability to deliver results and quickly embrace new technologies and skills. Strengths include good understanding of networking principles and concepts, excellent customer and client facing skills, working interactively with customers and all levels of management, improving and implementing network processes, good communication skills both verbal and written. Personal qualities includes confidence, pro-activeness, good attention to detail and the ability to manage my own workload as demonstrated by consistently meeting challenging deadlines in my recent employment. I am looking to enhance my career within a dynamic team working towards objectives and performance measures, to achieve global exposure.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Switch, 2014
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), 2013
- HND Civil Engineering, 2004
Network Support, Network security, Network Management, Troubleshooting, Change Management
- Hardware - Cisco 7600, 7200, 6500, 4500, 3750, 2960, 2800, 1800, 800, Cisco ASA 5520, PIX 535, Checkpoint, Riverbed, Bluecoat, Websense
- LAN/WAN Protocols - TCP/IP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, PBR, Route Redistribution, Leased Lines, Frame Relay, ISDN, MPLS, ADSL, HDLC, PPP
- Switching - HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, VTP, STP, PVST, VLAN, Ether Channel
- Security – ACL, NAT, VPN IPSec Tunnel, GRE Tunnel, SSL VPN, 802.1x, Port Security, Firewalls, TACACS
- NMS/Analysis - HP Openview, IP monitor, Solar Winds, MRTG, HP Service manager, Cisco Works, KiwiSyslog, SNMP, Wireshark, Netflow Analyser, – Ethereal, SPAN, RSPAN
- Windows DHCP, DNS, WINS services, Microsoft ISA 2004/Proxy server 2.0, Symantec PC Anywhere, Microsoft Net meeting, Remote Desktop, Kiwi tools, Trend Server Protect, Cisco Access Control Server
- Stayed under budget for many quarters.
- Identifying, taking ownership, and resolving root cause of problem 90% within the service level agreement (SLA), up from 60% over the last 12months improving customer support relationship and increasing time efficiency.
- Worked alongside a 3-part, 18-months conversion project requiring 3 engineers on planning and building a robust load balancing and fault tolerance solution (redundancy) into existing systems, that improved productivity by 40% and more than doubled the workload capacity of the network and reduced downtime events from several each day to 1-2 times per quarter.
- Worked as part of a team that established WAN circuits with 7 remote locations and administered multiple network upgrades, including migrations to eliminate downtime issues.
- Constantly and timely delivered reports to meet deadlines for month end analysis and business clients’ requirements hence, improving company credibility and image.
- Updated an inherited 6-months backlog of network documentations in 2 days earning the title Star of the Team.
- Provided exceptional support to the managers and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
- Coordinated team events and town hall activities at the best yet economical locations – saved expenses by 40%.
- Reduced file retrieval time 30% by employing a user friendly electronic filing system.
- Attained the title ‘Outstanding Employee of the team’ following excellent customer feedback for providing outstanding tier one services.
Ednut Consulting Limited, UKJan 2012-Date
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, reliability of devices and latency.
- Ensuring up-to date network documentation hence improving network support.
- Planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment.
- Effective fault management and taking ownership of faults from point of assignment to resolution and ensuring they are resolved within the agreed SLA maintaining 100% uptime.
- Backing up and restoring configurations and maintaining a backup strategy in event of network failures, improving overall network support.
- Managing network traffic and the use of protocol analysers to help identify network bottlenecks and improve the overall network response time.
- Meeting financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and expenses.
- Disaster and Recovery planning and policy enforcement.
- Day to day technical support/training for all network users and applications while establishing excellent working customer support relationship and increasing time efficiency.
- Provide daily network report to the project manager highlighting any issues over the network.
- Working with third party vendors for new project implementations related to network support.
- Working closely with the IT Director and Heads of departments to provide input and recommendations in regards to necessary network improvements and upgrades to improve time efficiency and reduce operating costs.
Ednut Consulting Limited, UK March 2010 - Jan 2012
Office Administrator - Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring efficient office activities in addition to managing all correspondence.
- Undertaking diary management and making travel arrangements as well as organising meetings with associated catering and accommodation.
- Providing excellent customer care, dealing with enquiries over the phone and face to face.
- General administrative tasks.
- Making key contributions to the management of the communication plan while monitoring and updating programme plans on a wider basis
Socsfun IT Consultancy Limited, UK April 2006 - Dec 2009
Customer Service/ Administrator –
- Providing support, help and advice to customers.
- Responsible for arranging appointments, meeting with potential customers, explaining our products, answering questions, writing up orders, and asking for recommendations.
Reference: Available on Request