GSOC: A system for reviewing funding requests
- Bugzilla report
- (link to the related report at http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org )
- (link to the announcement of your proposal at the wikitech-l mailing list.
Name and contact information
Name: AV Aditya Sastry
Web Page: Blog
Typical working hours: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
This project aims to create a review platform to be potentially used bascially for IEG proposal reviewing. There is no system at present to deal with this,
and as mentioned in the idea's page of this project, the administrators are using google forms as a means to review proposals.
My proposal is to build a system from scratch, while using open source components where ever needed. If selected I will be building this system as a Mediawiki extension. There will be pages for the reviewers and the administrators. This will also need additional database tables.
I choose to build this as a extension as this system will be used for multiple review related purposes. An extension could leverage the databases that already exists also as an extension it will be easier to deploy
There are three stages to this.
- In this stage I would be talking to the IEG reviewers and gathering all there requirements from their stories. In this stage I would make a exhaustive list of all the features needed. In this stage I will document everything in the form of UML diagrams which will be made available through my blog for people to review and comment on.
- In the second stage based on the requirements that I've gathered I will create additional database tables also in this stage I will write scripts for creating these tables automatically. PHPUNIT tests are also written at this stage to ensure all the scripts are running smoothly.
- In the third and final stage I will be writing scripts for the front end as well as for feeding data in to the tables created in the previous stage.
- Possible mentors
|1||Apr 22 - May 10||Community bonding, Talking to all the reviewers, getting to know the nature of projects they review|
|2||May 11 - May 21||Gathering requirements, going through existing FOSS UI components.|
|3||May 22 - June 10||Creating and modeling databases and also creating installation scripts for the extension|
to automatically create the databases
|4||June 11- June 22||Developing the current applications viewing page and application summary page for admin.|
|5||Jun 23 - Jun 24||Mid Term Evaluation|
|6||June 24 - June 30||Developing the add reviewers page|
|7||July 1 to July 12||Creating the reviewers page|
|8||July 13 - July 23||Writing any missed out unit tests and writing selenium tests|
|9||July 24 - July 31||Working on the post to the tools page part.|
|10||Aug 1 - Aug 18||Documentation and feedback|
The source code will be put in a git repository, my mentors can track my progress by going through the code that I have written. I will be posting weekly updates on my blog www.adityasastry.in Apart from this I will be communicating my progress through email to my mentors.
Am a B.Tech in computer science engineering Final year student at GITAM university vizag.
- How did you hear about this program?
I heard about GSOC through seniors, friends
I am very passionate about this project cause this is not a obscure feature request or addition of a functionality which barely a few hundred random users use.
Being bestowed with the oppurtunity to build this particular project of all the projects ideas is matter of pride to me as I am creating something very fundamental as well as something very essential and not many users. I would be boastfully be able to say that this new feature that wikipedia has just added was first reviewed on my system, before being approved !!
So far I have contributed only to PHPMYADMIn apart from mediawiki. Recently I had a 280 line bug patch merged in PHPMYADMIN PHPMYADMIN patch
Any other info
As I said I will be building this as an extension. So I build couple of very basic UI's in an mediawiki extension.
I've build these using the OutputPage->addHTML() function.
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO VIEW THESE IMAGES
|Google Summer of Code:||2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • Past projects|