Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's what we're doing.—Jimmy Wales
When I first found Wikipedia, it's like a treasure to me for its great amount of article. I like the prospect of this project. At that time, Chinese Wikipedia only has about 200k article. As time going by, I read a lot of guidance to start editing, translating and doing maintenance work. Therefore, I wonder what can I do for technical work to ease some unpleasure problem. I want to focus these:
- Parsoid, especially language converter for enabling Visual Editor for Chinese wiki project.
- Grid system, responsive design.
- pajx loading, pushState.
- More guidance on Visual Editor for better instruction.
- Flow Extension
- Easier and central control for commonly used template(e.g. Infobox, Navbox), creating more consistent ux and reduce copying, updating work for local template version.
- Global module
- More modern HTML5 feature.
I began editing on Wikipedia since 2008, mainly working on Chinese Wikipedia when I was a junior high school student. Now I'm a sophomore undergraduate at the Department of Computer Science, Donghua University in Shanghai.
I like open source movement, and I'm a Gentoo Linux user. Now I focused on Web development. I also do some little contribution to Discourse now.
I translated some text of Echo, and help Echo Team for deployment on Chinese wiki project. And I've contributed some random issue for MediaWiki-Vagrant, MediaWiki Core and Visual Editor Plugin.