Welcome to my page!
Who am I
Hi Everyone and welcome to my page! Here are some facts about me -
- My real name is Shani Evenstein and I'm from Israel.
- I work at the Curriculum Development office of the American Medical Program, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (TAU). I specialize in the intersection of technology & medical education, and work on updating the way we teach medicine in the 21st century. My work specifically focuses on the program's e-learning strategy, curriculum development, assessment & evaluation, faculty development and the peer tutoring program we run.
- I have a B.A. in English literature and French Culture (Faculty of Humanities, TAU), and an M.A. in Technology & Learning (School of Education, TAU).
- I'm deeply involved with Project Ben-Yehuda, the Hebrew equivalent of Project Gutenberg.
- I'm a certified Yoga teacher, and have been studying (and sometimes teach) Yoga since 2000.
- I play 5 instruments, mostly piano, which I've studied for 13 years.
What I'm doing in the wiki-world
I've served as WM-IL's National GLAM Projects Coordinator, leading collaborations with the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, the National Library of Israel and the Israeli Cartoon and Caricature Museum (to name a few). Have been a WM-IL board member for about 2 years. On Jan 2014 I resigned both roles to focus on my M.A at TAU. I keep being involved with the chapter and supports GLAM-Wiki & EDU-Wiki initiatives.
On October 2013 I opened the Wiki-Med course at the Tel-Aviv University. This is a for-credit elective course, the first course of its kind, which gives Med students full academic credit for editing Wikipedia. Thus far, my students wrote about 170 medical-related articles, which have been viewed over 3 million times.
On October 2015, a new for-credit course focusing on contributing to Wikipedia opened at Tel Aviv University. This one has been available to all undergraduate students on campus and was highly successful as well.
Member of the Wikipedia Education Collaborative since its conception.
On Jan 2016 initiated and supported a new GLAM-Wiki collaboration with "TED - ideas worth spreading".
Served as GLAM-Wiki community liaison, as well as Edu-Wiki adviser, for the organizing team of Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario.
As of Jan 2017, I'm a board member of the WikiProject Medicine Foundation.
Community & Communication
If you have any question about GLAM or EDU collaborations, please always feel welcome to drop a line in my talk page or simply send an email to shaniwikimedia.org.il.
- Music - almost all genres and forms
- Art - in almost all its forms, specifically Literature, Painting, Architecture, Interior Design, Cinema, Modern Dance and High Fashion.
- Yoga on its various branches - specifically Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Ayurveda, Jyotish, Vastu Shastra and Tantra.
- Holistic medicine, Herbalism, Iridology, Feng Shui.