Jump to navigation Jump to search
I keep running into random useful JS Libraries.
- You'll already know this one. It's the only one of the major libraries I've found tolerable. MooTools and YUI have annoyed me many times.
- Quite useful if you need to do lots of stuff with lists in your code.
- Visualizations, etc... Haven't used it for any real project yet but I'm hoping to use it in Gareth.
- Raphaël JS
- Supports custom vector interfaces by using either SVG or VML. Useful if you really need to support IE. Though lately I haven't used it and considered doing projects without fully supporting old IE.
- Library for using WebGL 3D in the browser. I tried using GLGE but Three.js looks like an alternative to try.
- Library for supporting touch gestures; eg: Taps, double taps, holds, swipes, pinches, 2-finger transforms, rotations, drags, etc...
- Makes a loading spinner with JS. Though it can't do the kind of spinner we discussed some time ago.
- Looks like a better socket library than the Socket.io everyone seems to gravitate to.