Hi! I'm Claudia. I grew up in Hong Kong, and currently live in Chicago, Illinois, in the USA. My research interests are online social interaction, particularly online community moderation. Sometimes, I provide voiceover.
I work as a Senior Design Researcher, with the Moderator Tools and the Trust and Safety Product teams. I was a staff member on the Universal Code of Conduct Drafting Revisions Committee.
Email me at email@example.com.
I'm also a passive speaker of Cantonese.
|Users by language|
List of projects:
- Content moderation on mobile web
- Content moderation in medium-sized Wikimedia projects
- New Page Patrol on English Wikipedia
- Upcoming: Automoderator
- IP Masking Impact Report
- Patroller use of IPs, Sept 2020. Use of IP address information by patrollers on a variety of wikis.
- English Wikipedia SPI case analysis for the month of May, 2019. The aim of this work was to see if SPI pages or similar noticeboards were viable as a source of data to estimate checkuser workloads.
- Research on perceptions of existing anti-harassment systems to support the Universal Code of Conduct.
- Wikistories Early Adopters Research, supporting the Inuka team; looked at commonalities and differences between different readers and creators of Wikistories on Indonesian Wikipedia.
Prior to joining the Foundation, I did research on volunteer moderators of large-scale esports moderators on Twitch.