Release status: stable
|Description||Autocompletes a wikilink|
|Author(s)||Inez Korczynski, Bartek Lapinski, Ciencia al Poder|
|License||No license specified|
|Translate the Adamtheclown extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
Adding wikilinks to an article is generally easy. But what happens when you don't know the exact capitalization, or wording of an article name?
Within the edit box, this extension adds a link suggestion feature that will suggest article names based on what you type.
When you start typing a "[[" and then some text, the wiki will suggest some articles that may be what you're looking for. The suggestions are based on existing article names within your wiki. In addition, if you type "[[File: " and then some text, the wiki will suggest existing image names from your wiki.
- Requires YUI (Yahoo User Interface JS Framework).
- Downloading the 3 files
- Go to the trac.wikia-code.com page
- click the three links
- At the bottom of all three pages is Download in other formats: Plain Text
- Click the Plain Text links and save these three files.
- Uploading the 3 files and updating localsettings.php
- Add these three new downloaded files to a new folder called LinkSuggest.
- Drag and drop the folder to the /extensions folder in your wiki.
- In localsettings.php add:
- Link Suggest - the original extension
- FCKeditor - it has a similar feature plus a WYSIWYG editor
- Source: LinkSuggest, Wikia's version of this extension used on all wikias, requires YUI (Yahoo User Interface JS Framework) to work.