Things to do
- Check if ULS is in Interlanguage position and load the BF files only then
- Add a global to turn on/off the feature in the wiki
- Load the languages in the exact position where the previous languages were to avoid links like "Complete List" and "Edit Links" from coming above the language list
For a more updated list, you could check []
Week 1: 10th December to 16th December
- Added ULS link in sidebar.
- Randomly hid a few languages in the sidebar.
- Moved the code to a new file, ext.uls.compactlinks.js.
Week 2: 17th December to 23rd December
- Setup Gerrit for review, fixed some errors, and basically learnt the workflow on Gerrit.
- Installed JSHint
Week 3: 24th December to 30th December
- Fixed Line-ending errors in ext.uls.compactlinks
- Submitted 2 patches: Link 1 and Link 2
- Registered ext.uls.compactlinks as a Resource Loader module.
Week 4: 31st December to 6th January
Had a Hangout with Santhosh Thottingal and Amir Aharoni.
- The code now hides all language links being shown by default and displays them from the displayLanguages function in ext.uls.compactlinks.(Next up, I'll configure it to display the languages I need.)
- Fixed the issue with ULS not appearing. --Added it as a dependency on the ext.uls.init file.(Could achieve the same effect by adding it in the addModules function in Hooks.)
- Configured ULS to show only those languages which are supported by the article.
- Link to patch: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/104793
Week 5: 7th January to 13th January
- Fixed the Common Languages section of the ULS to display only those languages which the article supports
- Displaying only those languages in the Sidebar which the appear in the Common Languages section of the ULS, for now: These are a compilation of : user's current selected language, browser language, previous choices, the wiki's content language and the languages taken from the countryCode.
- Submitted Patchset 8 & 9
Week 6: 14th January to 20th January
- Submitted patches 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15
- Had a discussion with Pau. We are maintaining the reviews here. I will spend the next week on fixing the things he mentioned.
Week 7: 21st January to 27th January
- Changed trigger to a button
- Fixed ULS positioning
- Added label for number of languages
- Made language links in the ULS redirect user to correct destination
- Submitted patch set 16 through 19. (17 and 18 failed due to EOL errors, so that's really just two patchsets.)
Week 8: 28th January to 3rd February
- Did a complicated rebase.
- Made the Personal bar instance of ULS and sidebar instance independent of each other
- Sorted the languages and configured them such as to show 3 or more in the collapsed list atleast.
- Addressed comments on patch. Patch count up to 28 now.
Week 9: 4th February to 10th February
- This week was spent trying to upload my feature as a Beta Feature on my local wiki-
- Installed BetaFeatures extension and configured it
- Added the required code, but facing errors with it. It is broken on my system, will continue fixing it next week.
Week 10: 11th February to 17th February
- Added my project files as a Beta Feature
- Did another rebase and solved problems on local wiki
- Uploaded patch sets 34 through 36
Note: Project at nearly-completed stage. Work remaining only on trivial enhancements and proper ULS positioning
Week 11: 18th February to 24th February
- Added the triangle pointer to the uls-menu to connect it to the ULS
- Resolved issues pointed out by Pau
Week 12: 25th February to 3rd March
- Resolved more issues pointed out on the patch by reviewers
- Compressed the svg and png images
- Fixed the ULS positioning
- Working on swapping the Beta Feature image for RTL & LTR languages--but turns out it's a bug
Keeping this only for future reference.
Introducing the interlanguages links in sidebar Launching ULS Geo service not working, getCountryCode() returns undefined.----only my system, no idea why. :( Making changes in the ULS for sidebar reflects the changes in the ULS from Personal bar--is that okay?No, not okay.
- What about pages with interlanguage links as a box somewhere and not in sidebar, such as https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
- BetaFeatures broken on my installation only :\