Topic on Project:Support desk

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Problem with chromium/webkit browsers and login

9
VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

Hello, I am new and inexperienced with Mediawiki and run into 2 problems I can't figure out.

The site in question is https://vsnwiki.nl, Mediawiki version 1.35.1, PHP 7.4.16 (litespeed), MariaDB 10.3.28-MariaDB-log-cli-Inv, ICU 64.2.

Question 1. The site is not displayed via chromium or webkit (Safari) based browsers ?

Question 2. When you want to request an account to log in, you get an error message:

" [YG-RL@vo7LMO5jLZkCtKBwAAEA8] /index.php/Speciaal:GebruikerAanvragen Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1699 of /home/vsnbasf/domains/vsnwiki.nl/public_html/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading?


Error 1146: Table 'vsnbasf_mw1.mw_account_requests' doesn't exist (localhost)

Function: ConfirmAccount::runAutoMaintenance

Query: SELECT acr_id,acr_storage_key FROM `mw_account_requests` WHERE (acr_rejected < '20210402035944') "


I tried to use the application's database schema updater after upgrading, but maybe I did something wrong ? I do not know and as already written I am very inexperienced. I added lines to localsettings.php and possibly made an error ? That could very well be the case. A mistake could have crept in there, too. The rules I added are:


$wgSitename = "Wiki van Vrij en Sociaal Nederland";

$wgGroupPermissions['user']['userrights'] = false;

$wgLogo = "{$wgScriptPath}/resources/assets/Vrij_en_Sociaal_Nederland_logo.jpg";

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;

wfLoadExtension( 'ConfirmAccount' );

require_once "$IP/extensions/ConfirmAccount/ConfirmAccount.php";

$wgConfirmAccountContact = 'Bureaucrat@domain.com';

$wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['confirmaccount-notify'] = true;

$wgConfirmAccountContact = "info@vsnwiki.nl";

$wgShowExceptionDetails = true;

require_once "$IP/extensions/MobileDetect/MobileDetect.php";

wfLoadExtension( 'VisualEditor' );


Hopefully 1 of you can help me with this ? And best regards,

Herman

Bawolff (talkcontribs)

For error 1, please be more specific as to what happens.


For error 2, try running update.php again. Some extensions require you rerun it after adding them, including ConfirmAccount

VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

Hello Bawolff, thanks for your response

About error 1, please see screenshot

About error 2, how do I run update.php in the right and proper way ? I've read all sorts of 'help pages', but don't quite understand how to go about it.

Hopefully you can explain it to me

Problem with display by Chromium and webkit (Safari) browsers
Bawolff (talkcontribs)

For error 1, try setting $wgDisableOutputCompression=true; . We've had a bunch of reports related to that recently. Seems to be something breaking with http/2 and mw gzip support.

For error 2. Generally you should run it from the commandline via ssh or putty.

If that's difficult you can also run via the web interface by going to mywiki.com/w/mw-config (assuming your wiki is installed in /w )

VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

Thanks for your quick response. (I still have to figure out how to set it up to send me an email notification of it, but I will ;-))

For error 1, I tried the setting $wgDisableOutputCompression=true; , but unfortunately it doesn't do the trick. I read somewhere that mediawiki 1.35.1 would not run on PHP versions up to 7.4.2 and could it have something to do with that?

For error 2, I managed to run mw-config, while another error message followed. See the screenshot.

Error message on mw_config
Bawolff (talkcontribs)

I dont think its a php version issue, more an issue with apache.


For the new screenshot. That's weird sounds like a bug. Maybe report at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org

VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

Hello Bawolff, thanks again for your thoughts.

On the site https://vsn-nederland.nl - (based on version 1.34.4) - everything does seem to work fine and so it remains a mystery to me.

I will certainly report the mw-config problem at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org, (thanks for the link), and am curious.

VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

@Bawolff Hi, in the meantime I have updated to MW version 1.35.2, and Yes, the problem with display by chromium and webkit browsers appears to be solved 👍. Zie https://vsnwiki.nl

VSN-Herman (talkcontribs)

@Bawolff Ps.

The login problem also appears to have been fixed with the update to MW 1.35.2.

Reply to "Problem with chromium/webkit browsers and login"