Topic on Project:Current issues

Jump to navigation Jump to search

mobile: erroneous text 'Je fais' among the list of possible target languages

6
Summary by Wladek92
Wladek92 (talkcontribs)

When I want to translate in french on my tablette, I select the EN version of a Mediawiki page (anonymously - not connected) m.mediawiki.org/w/index.php (for example) and hit on link 'Traduire' then in the language menu I see 'translate in english' I want to change into 'translate in french' so I open the list of languages to search 'fran├žais' and in the list of 'world scale languages' between 'english' and 'interlingua' I am surprised to see 'Je fais' meaning 'I do' which has nothing common with a name of languages. Where is this mistake from ?

Christian FR (talk) 22:46, 23 December 2019 (UTC)

Ammarpad (talkcontribs)

I attempted to follow your steps but couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please upload screenshot? You can do so (with the above details) on phabricator.

Wladek92 (talkcontribs)

it is the translaltion of Ido in french and Ido is an element of the languages (i dont know what language it is). ChristianW

This post was hidden by Wladek92 (history)
Ciencia Al Poder (talkcontribs)

If I open translate PD_Help_Page (with uselang=en), I see the "Ido" language as described.

Opening the same translate PD_Help_Page with uselang=fr also displays Ido, not Je fais

Christian may be using Google Chrome which may be translating text automatically to french, giving that wrong text.

Wladek92 (talkcontribs)

Referenced in Phabricator.

Reply to "mobile: erroneous text 'Je fais' among the list of possible target languages"