I've been using Structured Discussions on Wikidata, and I can see some of the advantages, but I cannot understand why there is no "Preview" feature. I see that there is such a feature here on MediaWiki. Why would it be absent on Wikidata? Are we running an older version? Is it misconfigured in some way? Am I missing something obvious?
Topic on Talk:Structured Discussions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No preview on Wikidata
- If you have opted-out the 2017 wikitext editor and/or the visual editor, you will have a simple wikitext fieldset to post or edit a reply, with no toolbar.
Could this be related? Should I file a bug report?
All wikis have the same version. I see the toolbar and the preview.
You may have a conflict with another script or gadget. See how to investigate it.
Thanks for the pointer.
safemodedoes not resolve the problem.
- In debug mode, I don't see any unusual messages on the console when I use Structured Discussions. I do see the usual many error messages about trying to load insecure fonts from Google, and also two usual warnings:
- This page is using the deprecated ResourceLoader module "mediawiki.ui". Please use OOUI instead.
- JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.offset() requires an element connected to a document
A couple of follow-up notes:
- I have filed phab:T227234 for this issue
- The "many error messages about trying to load insecure fonts from Google" appear to arise from using the "Read Mode" Chrome extension.
Have you checked the "Enable the visual editor and the new wikitext mode in Structured Discussions" option in your preferences?
That was the reason, according to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T227234