Topic on Talk:VisualEditor

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Marlonke (talkcontribs)

I've followed the instructions as posted on VisualEditor/Skin requirement both the current version and the ones in the history tab. After adding the three div's with their IDs to my skin, the problem persists; nothing happens when I either call the page with the ?veaction=edit parameter, or when I create a button doing essentially the same. The only clue I have is the class 've-not-available' being added to the page after it's loaded.


The VisualEditor works fine on the stock skins I have: Vector and Chameleon.


I'm using the following versions:

VisualEditor 0.1.0 (9da5996) 16 aug 2016 15:40

MediaWiki 1.27.1 (a52d35d)


My HTML structure looks as followed (note the added mw-content-text and content divs)


<div class="grid-x  grid-margin-x">

               <div id="content">

                   <div class="cell">

                       <div  class="contentbody" >

                           <div id="mw-content-text">

                           <?php

                           if( !$this->atHome) {

                               // do not display the HTML tag if the header is empty

                                   if ( $this->skinData->data['title'] != '' ) {

                                       echo '<h1 id="emmskin-pageheader" class="page-title">';

                                       $this->skinData->html( 'title' );

                                       echo '</h1>';

                                   }

                               }

                               //output the post-processed bodytext

                               echo $this->bodyTextHTML;

                           ?>

                           </div>

                       </div>

                   </div>

               </div>

           </div>


I've tried the following:

- Followed the instructions from the history pages of the Skin Requirements page, in which different names are used for the required divs

- Looking in the support section for someone with a similar problem

- Using the Vector/Chameleon skin HTML structure as inspiration, and trying to make everything in my skin look as close as possible.


I'm guessing this issue has something to do with either faulty configuration, or something lacking in my skin. I've found no clear way of debugging this so everything else I tried is largely trial-and-error to no avail.

Marlonke (talkcontribs)

It was indeed faulty configuration. Through debugging (breaklining some of the VE scripts) I managed to find out that the custom skin wasn't seen by VE as a 'supported skin'. I remedied this by adding '$wgVisualEditorSupportedSkins ['mySkin'];' to LocalSettings.php

Reply to "VE doesn't load on custom skin"