Topic on Talk:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dvorapa (talkcontribs)

What does that "ambox" word mean in English? My dictionary doesn't know. On cswiki we already use the class/class prefix "labelced", which could be translated to something like "banner" in English. It would be really inconvenient to rename or add hundreds of classes to prefix "ambox" if we already use "labelced" (transl. "banner") everywhere.

JAn Dudík (talkcontribs)

correction : Label (english word) + cedule (banner, sign) => labelced

Tacsipacsi (talkcontribs)

“ambox” is (as far as I know) short for “article message box”.

Jberkel (talkcontribs)

I was confused as well, a more descriptive class name would really help. "ambox" is jargony and Wikipedia specific.

Reply to "Own class?"