Topic on Extension talk:Scribunto

Jump to navigation Jump to search (talkcontribs)


I'm managing a wiki that had the Scribunto extension installed for some time but really wasn't used much except on a couple of test pages. I'm upgrading the wiki now (from 1.28 to 1.31) and have removed the Scribunto extension. However, when I run the scripts to populate the CirrusSearch index, I get the following traceback:


[7c132a3761cb626266d8cab6] [no req]   MWUnknownContentModelException from line 306 of /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/content/ContentHandler.php: The content model 'Scribunto' is not registered on this wiki.

See to find out which extensions handle this content model.


#0 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/content/ContentHandler.php(243): ContentHandler::getForModelID(string)

#1 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/Title.php(4984): ContentHandler::getForTitle(Title)

#2 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/parser/Parser.php(892): Title->getPageLanguage()

#3 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/parser/Parser.php(2126): Parser->getTargetLanguage()

#4 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/parser/Parser.php(2091): Parser->replaceInternalLinks2(string)

#5 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/parser/Parser.php(1318): Parser->replaceInternalLinks(string)

#6 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/parser/Parser.php(443): Parser->internalParse(string)

#7 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/content/WikitextContent.php(323): Parser->parse(string, Title, ParserOptions, boolean, boolean, integer)

#8 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/content/AbstractContent.php(516): WikitextContent->fillParserOutput(Title, integer, ParserOptions, boolean, ParserOutput)

#9 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/includes/content/ContentHandler.php(1324): AbstractContent->getParserOutput(Title, integer, ParserOptions)

#10 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/extensions/CirrusSearch/includes/Updater.php(363): ContentHandler->getParserOutputForIndexing(WikiPage, ParserCache)

#11 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/extensions/CirrusSearch/includes/Updater.php(204): CirrusSearch\Updater->buildDocumentsForPages(array, integer)

#12 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/extensions/CirrusSearch/maintenance/forceSearchIndex.php(218): CirrusSearch\Updater->updatePages(array, integer)

#13 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/maintenance/doMaintenance.php(94): CirrusSearch\ForceSearchIndex->execute()

#14 /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.31.0/extensions/CirrusSearch/maintenance/forceSearchIndex.php(679): require_once(string)

#15 {main}


I found a few phabricator tickets that appear to be related but haven't yet found a workaround beyond reinstalling the Scribunto extension. Is there one? Is there a way to remove the Scribunto content model and/or references to it? (talkcontribs)

Additionally, I thought if I did an XML dump of all pages and revisions I would find a page using "<model>Scribunto</model>" but I don't seem to have any pages with that.

2620:11E:1000:120:1792:B56B:4655:6029 (talkcontribs)

Okay, I think I got it fixed. It turns out that if pages exist in the database in a namespace that mediawiki doesn't know about, there is no way to display them and they don't show up in an XML export either. I was able to reset the page content model of the single interfering page in the database like so:

UPDATE page SET page_content_model = 'wikitext' WHERE page_content_model = 'Scribunto'; (talkcontribs)

You are my hero; just had the exact same problem. Thank you _very_ much for posting the problem and the solution. I've never installed or run Scribunto, so never occurred to me to check for it.

#GrayanOne (talkcontribs)

Thanks for this!! I also had to run UPDATE content SET content_model = 1 WHERE content_model = 11 and delete the Scribunto row from the content_model table before the error would go away.

Tenbergen (talkcontribs)

Two small things...

  • I think I use a default install of mediawiki, and the table names are prefixed with "mw_", so I had to modify the two queries accordingly.
  • * for me the content_model was "3", not "11", so I suspect that is variable depending on what else is installed on your wiki.

Here is what I had to do:

  • Run the following to get the content mode ID:
    • SELECT * FROM mw_content_models WHERE model_name = 'Scribunto';
    • note the model_id and use it in the next SQL queries
  • Delete the Scribunto line from content model
    • DELETE FROM mw_content_models WHERE model_name = 'Scribunto';
  • Replace all lines in content where content model was ID of Scribunto with ID of wikitext
    • UPDATE mw_content SET content_model = 1 WHERE content_model = <the id you retrieved in the first query>
  • Replace all lines with Scribunto in the page table with wikitext
    • UPDATE mw_page SET page_content_model = 'wikitext' WHERE page_content_model = 'Scribunto';

I have added this to a section "Uninstalling Scribunto" on the extension page, so if you find corrections, please update there as well.

Reply to "Uninstalling Scribunto"