Topic on Project:Support desk

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Issue with image files after updating

3
TexasR87 (talkcontribs)

I recently updated my Wiki to version 1.30.

After updating i noticed that certain images are no longer being displayed despite being uploaded, online and available.

f.e. > http://www.huskywiki.de/HuskyWiki//index.php?title=Robert_Francz

Check out the placeholder on the right side.

The issue concerns png-files as well as jpg-files. Does any one of you have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you so much!

TheDJ (talkcontribs)

when i open the broken image separately, it reports is trying to open "http://www.huskywiki.de/HuskyWiki//5x"

Which obviously is broken somehow, that's not a path that you would normally expect. Looking at the generated HTML, i notice that the srcset statements for your HTML are incorrect. I suspect this might be bug T181987 and that you are running your MediaWiki setup in the german locale, instead of the C (as advised for 1.30 and later) or english locale.

See also: Manual:$wgShellLocale

P.S. you also seem to have a double / in all your paths, indicating that something in your path configuration is not entirely ok either.

TexasR87 (talkcontribs)

Thank you for your reply! I'm not the biggest pro in wiki technology, so I try my best keeping my wiki running.

The wgShellLocale-hint was spot on. I changed it to "C.UTF-8'" and that did the job for me. All images are back where they are supposed to be.

Thanks again!

Reply to "Issue with image files after updating"