Topic on Project:Support desk

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Manbu (talkcontribs)

I had a functioning database on xampp mw1.27.4 and no search-problems.

I exported it with mysqldump and imported it into an empty online.database. Then i installed mw1.27.4 and connected to the database and it was imported and everything functioned with the exception of the search-function, which has an error (and then normally goes to a site in which it offers to create a site with this title).

I made the same with mw1.29 and had a similar problem. (Details at and at ) -> search anything in the database - only sometimes it finds if it is in the database. I have no php -cli - mode and can only update with 'php maintenance/update.php --skip-external-dependencies'  : The error is ../OutputPage.php: Class 'OOUI\MediaWikiTheme' not found.

A normal installation on an empty database does not have these problems.

I have switched the error-functions on as You can see. (Please only creative commentaries).

TheDJ (talkcontribs)

Sounds like your composer dependencies are out of date.. Either get the vendor directory belonging to your version of mediawiki, or run composer update

Manbu (talkcontribs)

I have the newest vendor from github ( which i use on all installations - composer update gives an error because of missing php -cli mode - an installation without database- import functions.

Manbu (talkcontribs)

I have installed composer with the method of

curl -sS | php (ignored error of missing cli mode)

and php composer.phar install

After that it both sites work ok - thank You !

TheDJ (talkcontribs)

@Manbu "I have the newest vendor" you should always get versions that match the rest of what you install, when you grab something from the source repositories.

You could also have downloaded the tarball, which includes the correct accompanying /vendor directory as well

But glad it worked out!