First of all, I’m merely testing this as in „would it disturb my usual work“, I don’t see much use in it for myself. As such, everything in this post refers to the expanded watchlist.
So, let me just list the things I noticed as worse-than-before:
- First of all, (even before the page finished loading for the first time :-) ) I noticed the main list is moved to the right by about a timestamp’s width, resulting in less space available.
- Also the Legend comes in to it in the top-right corner, resulting in even less spave for the first three entryies. Even when collapsed (which would make the jumping-around worse) it would restrict the first entry.
- So, page finished loading. Whoops, it just jumped down by two rows, I almost misclicked.
- What’re those blue dots on the left? You know, those who seem to take half a timestamp’s width? Looks like selection, but doesn’t do anything on clicking. Couldn’t find any explanation (without looking for manual pages).
- When expanding one of the first rows (to show all of today’s edits to a page), the Legend keeps taking up that width on the right for previously collapsed rows below it. Also, unexpanded rows which are now below it use that new space on the right, making them suddenly wider and more difficult to find again.
- Ok, let’s try getting bot edits away. Took me a little to find how that’s done, but that’s just due to beeing used to it or not. Anyway, I click in that text box, the list opens and… moves up? Wait the whole page scrolled itself down? Why? To keep me from hitting „mark everything as watched“?
- Now I selected to filter out Bot edits. Good. I see the list reloading already. A bit early imho, because I don’t want to waste all those reloads if I want to filter out more than just one type of edits.
- Anyway, how do I get out of this filter list? The buttons in the top-right and bottom-right corners seem to do something else. Maybe by clicking somewhere outside of it? No, clicking on the background of the „active filters“ box or even the white space above it (the part that isn’t scrolled away) doesn’t cloe it. Maybe I missed a button? No. Is „highlight results“ maybe weirdly translated in my language? It does something else than closing the box, so apparently not. I figured it out by now: Clicking somewhere else, but not in the filter UI. Maybe an X button next to „highlight results“ would be good.
- After I now filtered the bots out, the Legend is still in the same position and as large as before. But now everything of the list begins below it (plus some rather large padding), resulting in about six rows of white space between the filtering UI and the list.
- Good, enogh testing for today, let me switch back now. Erm… that… looks like… is there something missing? Well, seriously now, I’ll open a second thread plus one on my local wiki’s help desk for this last issue, because it’s so severe an I really can’t solve it.