So, the logomer proposal being inadequate, but being still concerned with the lexem-class-centric model, here is an other model. This time I didn't came with any original fancy neologism, and used terms with existing ISO definitions when I found one. In all cases I gave online sources, but I also used some books to guide my reflection, especially Le dictionnaire de linguistique et des sciences du langage, Larousse, 2012 (ISBN 9782035888457, OCLC 835329846).
Here are the pertaining definitions for this new proposed model.
- A unit of thought.
- French: notion (Toute unité de pensée. Le contenu sémantique d'une notion peut être ré-exprimé en combinant d'autres notions qui peuvent être différentes d'une langue à l'autre.)
- word or standalone expression for an entity that has linguistic, semantic and grammatical integrity
- French: terme (mot ou expression isolée pour une entité qui a une intégrité linguistique, sémantique et grammaticale)
- one of the meanings of a word
- entity extraction
- process that seeks to locate, classify, and tag atomic elements in text into predefined categories
- word form (vocable)
- contiguous or non-contiguous entity from a speech or text sequence identified as an autonomous lexical item
- modification or marking of a lexeme that reflects its morpho-syntactic properties
- inflected form (form)
- form that a word can take when used in a sentence or a phrase
- Note 1 to entry: An inflected form of a word is associated with a combination of morphological features, such as grammatical number and case.
- lexeme that has, as a minimal property, a part of speech
- abstract unit generally associated with a set of forms sharing a common meaning
- process of making a linguistic unit function as a word
- Note 1 to entry: Such a linguistic unit can be a single morph, e.g. “laugh,” a sequence of morphs, e.g. “apple pie” or even a phrase, such as “kick the bucket”, that forms an idiomatic phrase.
- physical embodiment of a given concept
- Inflectional paradigm
- A class of words with similar inflection rules.
- representation of the graphic characters of a source script by the graphic characters of a target script
- representation of the sounds of a source language by graphic characters associated with a target language
- primary data (vocable)
- electronic representation of language data
- linguistic information added to primary data
- format in which the annotation is rendered, independent of its content
- act of observing a property, with the goal of producing an estimate of the value of the property
- act of measuring or otherwise determining the value of a property
- method of data collection in which the situation of interest is watched and the relevant facts, actions and behaviours are recorded
- statement of fact made during an audit or review and substantiated by objective evidence
- instance of applying a measurement procedure to produce a value for a base measure
I used plantuml class diagram generator for generating this picture, so it's maybe not as nice, but it's far mor flexible. Actually if someone might dare install the corresponding MediaWiki extension I might just copy/paste the text format here.
Note that vocable here is used as a mix of the two definitions to which is it appended in brackets to definition terms above.