Topic on Extension talk:Cite

Jump to navigation Jump to search
SANtosito (talkcontribs)

Hi!

I noticed that after update of Mediawiki to 1.28.2 I got these error

Cite error: Invalid <references> tag; parameter "group" is allowed only. Use < referencs/>, or < references/>

Jdforrester (WMF) (talkcontribs)

Yes, this error was added nearly a decade ago to help editors fix it when they add <references/> with an invalid parameter; you have to remove the wrong parameter from the wikitext for it to go away.

Did you upgrade a very old version of the Cite extension?

Bttfvgo (talkcontribs)

Don't know if it'll help, but I was getting the same error. In my case, the problem was that the Template:Reflist page had been revised. The only way I was able to fix the error was to revert the template to the revision before the updated version replaced it. Let me know how it goes!

Bttfvgo (talkcontribs)

Here's the version that works:

<div class="reflist <!--
 -->{{#if: {{{1|}}}
    | columns {{#iferror: {{#ifexpr: {{{1|1}}} > 1 }}
      | references-column-width 
      | references-column-count references-column-count-{{#if:1|{{{1}}}}} }}
    | {{#if: {{{colwidth|}}}
      | references-column-width }} }}" style="<!--
 -->{{#if: {{{1|}}}
    | {{#iferror: {{#ifexpr: {{{1|1}}} > 1 }}
      | {{column-width|{{#if:1|{{{1}}}}}}}
      | {{column-count|{{#if:1|{{{1}}}}}}} }}
    | {{#if: {{{colwidth|}}}
      | {{column-width|{{{colwidth}}}}} }} }} list-style-type: <!--
 -->{{{liststyle|{{#switch: {{{group|}}}
    | upper-alpha
    | upper-roman
    | lower-alpha
    | lower-greek
    | lower-roman = {{{group}}}
    | #default = decimal}}}}};">
{{#tag:references|{{{refs|}}}|group={{{group|}}}}}</div><noinclude>
{{Documentation}}
</noinclude>

...and here is the only that starting causing the error. The "check for unknown parameters" caused the reflist to fail. At least it did in my case.

<div class="reflist <!--
 -->{{#if: {{{1|}}} {{{colwidth|}}}
    | columns references-column-width
	}}" style="<!--
 -->{{#if: {{{1|}}}
    | {{#iferror: {{#ifexpr: {{{1|1}}} > 1 }}
      | {{column-width|1={{{1}}}}}
      | {{#switch:{{{1|}}}|1=|2={{column-width|1=30em}}|#default={{column-width|1=25em}}}} }}
    | {{#if: {{{colwidth|}}}
      | {{column-width|1={{{colwidth}}}}} }} }} list-style-type: <!--
 -->{{{liststyle|{{#switch: {{{group|}}}
    | upper-alpha
    | upper-roman
    | lower-alpha
    | lower-greek
    | lower-roman = {{{group}}}
    | #default = decimal}}}}};">
{{#tag:references|{{{refs|}}}|group={{{group|}}}|responsive={{#if:{{{1|}}}{{{colwidth|}}}|0|1}}}}</div>{{#invoke:Check for unknown parameters|check|unknown={{main other|[[Category:Pages using reflist with unknown parameters|_VALUE_{{PAGENAME}}]]}}|preview=Page using [[Template:Reflist]] with unknown parameter "_VALUE_"|ignoreblank=y| 1 | colwidth | group | liststyle | refs }}<noinclude>
{{Documentation}}
</noinclude>

Hope this helps!

SANtosito (talkcontribs)

Thanks!

I solved it by updating Extension:Cite to the newest one, everything works perfect now!