Topic on Extension talk:Lockdown

Jump to: navigation, search
Kghbln (talkcontribs)

-- Originally posted by 79.104.211.130 --

I should apologize because the only reason my problem appeared resolved after I installed REL1_27 was that I had Lockdown extension commented out in LocalSettings.

So, today I tested it again and preview did not work. Namely, request to /w/api.php with this POST data:

action:parse

format:json

formatversion:2

title:<Title here>

text:<Content here>

pst:

prop:text|modules|jsconfigvars

preview:true

disableeditsection:true

uselang:ru

fails with the following response: {"error":{"code":"readapidenied","info":"You need read permission to use this module","docref":"See http://doc.ifcg.ru/w/api.php for API usage"}}

Non-default part of my LocalSettings follows:

Hope this will help.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

-- Originally posted by Rrosenfeld --

Same problem here.

I use REL-1.27 (0d8aa13) with a private wiki (access only for logged in users).

On API access I get the message "readapidenied".

The problem is, that checkExecutePermissions() in ApiMain.php has $user->isAllowed( 'read' ) unset, which results in the above error.

But I have no idea, what I have to do to get this set here.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Cannot this be overcome by assigning the bot to a usergroup which is allowed to edit? If not an issue report should be created at Phabricator and linked back and forth to this thread.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

I guess this is now tracked with task T148582.

Zoglun (talkcontribs)

I replaced the ApiParse.php file with the newest code from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/master/includes/api/ApiParse.php

And it does not work too.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Thanks for doing a field test. The issue reports are linked. To make developers aware which do not necessarily see these threads here ... ;)

194.158.204.247 (talkcontribs)

Saying to that using Lockdown causes 'writeapidenied' You're not allowed to edit this wiki through the API error. So in MW 1.27 VisualEditor extension can`t save page edition.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

As a matter of fact the MultimediaViewer extension also exits with readapidenied for MW 1.27.1

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

This is still an issue with latest code on REL1_27. Thus I have adjusted task T148582 accordingly. Let's hope for a quick fix.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

There seems to be progress on this front. A backport of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/303369/ will hopefully fix the issues on REL1_27 once and for all. Keeping fingers crossed.

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

Great, now that T148582 will be resolved by doing a backport to MediaWiki core with change 325566 all we have to do is wait for the MW 1.27.2 release.

209.41.163.23 (talkcontribs)

I have having this same problem and I am using 1.27.2 and the latest REL1_27

Kghbln (talkcontribs)

I only get this for the second action the api tries to perform so effectively bulk uploads do not work. Moreover I am the only clown here actually making people aware on Phabricator so that's probably why nothing gets moving.

Reply to "Not working in MW 1.27 via API"