Why was browser compatibility removed?
Topic on Talk:Compatibility
Because the information provided was outdated and unmaintained. See the information provided instead. Just use a decent browser and you will be fine.
How does that translate to development? Is IE8 still supported (which is the most used IE version yet)? That is why the table was there.
Outdated information which is not longer being updated does not translate to development. Apart from that IE8 is not longer actively being supported according to the table I removed. But you are right, I removed the information which is confusing.
List of other pages mentioning Browser Compatibility:
- Universal Language Selector/WebFonts#Browser compatibility
- OOjs UI#Browser compatibility
- VisualEditor/Target browser matrix
- https://trello.com/c/OLPAjDqs/239-comparative-logged-in-user-and-general-reader-browser-proportions-for-support-decision-purposes (Research dept's task, on-hold)
- en:Wikipedia:Browser notes
- en:Wikipedia:Browsers (~2004!)
Browser issues with MediaWiki(redirected here)
- Compatibility/Software for using MediaWiki (outdated version from here, split out)
- en:Usage share of web browsers
I'm not sure if any of these links should be added to the Project page?