I would like to upload some technical documentation to my wiki and some files are slightly bigger than the default maximum size of 2 MB. I first changed the settings in php.ini /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
- Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 160M
- File Uploads ;
- Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On
- Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
- upload_tmp_dir =
- Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 40M
- Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
max_file_uploads = 20
I applied these changes also to /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
then I appended to the end of
/etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php (same as /var/lib/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php)
$wgUploadSizeWarning = 2147483648;
$wgMaxUploadSize = 2147483648;
Restarting Apache or rebooting the computer has no effect. When I upload my 2.327 KB-file, mediawiki shows a warning in the preview, but the output looks fine. When I want to save the page, mediawiki refuses saving.
I use an Ubuntu 12.04 system with apache 2.2.22, mediawiki 1.15.5 and php 5.3.10.
How can I enable uploads >2MB?