Topic on Extension talk:LiquidThreads

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cavila (talkcontribs)

Hi all,

I tried to create the tables in PHPMyAdmin in the manner that is suggested in the documentation. Things look a bit different in my version, with some additional options being presented, which I left unchanged:

  • character set: UTF-8 (default)
  • NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO is switched on
  • SQL Mode (compatibility mode) is set to "None"

However, the following error message occurs:

CREATE INDEX thread_article_title ON /*$wgDBprefix*/thread(
thread_article_namespace,
thread_article_title,
thread_sortkey
);

MySQL [...]
#1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes 

Can anyone advise me what to do here?

Cavila (talkcontribs)

OK, to go by http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Extension_talk:LiquidThreads/Workaround_for_error_1071:_Specified_key_was_too_long_on_install#Workaround_for_error_1071:_Specified_key_was_too_long_on_install_3612 this is a long-standing bug, which still requires a fix. Like Ivan, I was able to create the tables by abbreviating line 35, but this results in a database error message on the site.

P.S. The tables are automatically rendered in MyISAM (there's no other option in the panel as far as I can see).

Cavila (talkcontribs)

Another update. I've looked more closely into the latter database error. The message shown on the website (after the tables were created) reports missing database tables:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

    SELECT 1 FROM `[prefix]_user_message_state` WHERE ums_user = '1' AND ums_read_timestamp IS NULL LIMIT 500 

from within function "NewMessages::newMessageCount". Database returned error "1146: Table '[nameofdatabase].[prefix]_user_message_state' doesn't exist (localhost)".

(The name of my database and the prefixes used are disguised here)

In other words, the tables could not be found, because it is expecting them to have the required prefixes in their names. I've added them manually and lo and behold, the extension is working! I'll update the documentation.

Reply to "Database error"