On Translations: pages
When this template is placed on the pages of the Translations: namespace, the box is displayed on both the Translations: page and the original translated page, and the category only has the original translated page (I guess there is a software lock not to display the Transations: pages in the categories).
I suggest changing the phrasing to make clear the page to be deleted is the Translations: page, not the original translated page, with the deletion link for the Translations: page. I guess this can be technically achieved by first checking if the page is a translated page with Module:Template translation:getLanguageSubpage(), and then using Lua to check the frames where the template is included: if the first frame is in Translations:, change the phrasing. ~ Seb35 [^_^] 10:15, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
- Done. At least I’ve done the better I can make: as far as I just searched, there is no mean to retrieve the templates stack (actually I thought the frames was this), so the only mean to detect a translated page is if the last subpage is a language code (although there are false positives, e.g. Template:Speedy/en which is not managed by the Translate extension).
- In these cases, I’ve added a direct link to the translation units, which is the better mean to find the translation units to be deleted (afaik). After the deletion, it seems the translated page keeps the speedy-deletion template (and category) until touching/null-editing one of its remaining translation units.
- ~ Seb35 [^_^] 12:48, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
Wording when placed on User page
When this template is placed in User namespace, the first sentence is "This user is a candidate for speedy deletion", but I think that it should be "This user page is a candidate for speedy deletion" instead. Deleting user page ≠ deleting user. — Andrybak (talk) 00:54, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Does not shown in top of recent changes if placed in user talk page/flow
For example i have created a topic in my user page https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Umruvkclc9dgf0x7 --Cronolio (talk) 18:13, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- Not sure I understand -- edits and posts to talk pages do show up in recent changes. It won't show up at the top of the container talk page itself though, since topics form their own pages.
- A different, but perhaps related issue is that adding the speedy template in a talk post does not update the category properly: neither your talk page nor your actual topic post have been added to Category:Candidates for speedy deletion. An older test of topic editing shows categorization does work in topic pages (categorizing the topic itself at least), but there the category is in the summary field. Putting the speedy template in the summary rather than as a comment might be a solution then. --Clump (talk) 16:55, 17 October 2018 (UTC)