Talk pages project/Glossary
This page is intended to help us all communicate about talk pages more effectively by making sure we have shared understandings about the words we use in our discussions and documentation throughout the Talk Pages Project.
Project key metrics
- Increase the number of Junior Contributors participating on talk pages
- Increase the retention of Junior Contributors participating on talk pages.
- Increase the number of productive contributions to article pages made by Junior Contributors.
Key metric definitions
- Junior Contributors: registered users who have made <100 cumulative contributions to a Wikipedia project.
- Senior Contributors: registered users who have made >500 cumulative contributions to a Wikipedia project.
- Participating on talk pages: successfully contributed to any of the 16 Wikipedia talk page namespaces that results in a diff that is not reverted
- Talk pages: for the purposes of calculating our baseline metrics, we will include all 16 Wikipedia talk page namespaces.
- 30-day retention: contributors who come back to make an edit in any one of Wikipedia's 16 talk page namespaces within the 30 days that follows the "cool down" period. We have defined the "cool down" period as the 24 hours that follow a contributor's first edit.
- Productive contributions to article pages: edits to Wikipedia articles that are not reverted.
- Article pages: Namespace 0 or "Main/Article" namespace.
- Contributions to Wikipedia: any action that results in a diff that is not reverted.
- Contribution to talk pages: any action in any of the 16 Wikipedia talk page namespaces that results in a diff that is not reverted
For more information about these definitions, see this task where they were originally discussed: T234046