Talk:Wikimedia Apps/Features & Roadmap
Presumably the browsers are not themselves open source, will we be able to write an open source application for a closed source browser? WereSpielChequers 10:54, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
Add this image
Could someone write an app that would let people viewing an article that didn't have an image see the images that the other languages version of Wikipedia had for that article? Then choose to add the image, a caption and description (alt text). So the mobile app would:
- Identify that the article didn't have an image but did have interwiki links.
- Check if any of the articles in different languages had images they were retrieving from commons.
- Check that those images had not previously been removed from the article
- Ask "This article doesn't have an image, but would you like to see the image used in the same article in the Basque/Swahili/Inuit Wikipedia?"
- If Yes - Show the image.
- Ask would you like to add this image to the article?
- If Yes - "What caption would you give it?"
- Then "How would you describe it to a blind person?"