Talk:Sites using MediaWiki/en
I have removed the Aircrack site as they are apparently now using DokuWiki. Edward 19:32, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
When I tried to add a new wiki to the page and clicked save, I got the following error: The page you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to an external site. The following text is what triggered our spam filter: http ://tearstar.sytes.net. I added in the space after http, because it wouldn't let me save this page either. --126.96.36.199 03:36, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
When I tried to add my entry, I got 2 notifications of Spam from:
http:// nehq.servebeer.com http:// ani.myftp.biz
I removed those entries--Ripthesystem 23:49, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
- Old-Computer Wiki - 
- Wiki about old computers and stuff (we haved moved to a new host!)
we had moved, so i added us back. the old articles were not recovered, as the old host randomly deleted our account - for no reason.
- The link is dead now. If it gets fixed soon leave the entry otherwise... – Allen4names 07:33, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
All of these pages are rel=nofollow, which seems like a bad idea. --188.8.131.52 12:36, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
List big impressive companies?
Just stumbled upon Novell's mediawiki installation, and it got me thinking... How could we build a list similar to this, but with only big impressive companies. I'm talking about 'Fortune 500' companies. Companies which people have heard of. That would good MediaWiki promotional material. -- Harry Wood 10:48, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
Format too wordy
This is too wordy and using a semicolon (;) for bold doesn't work with the "simple" skin:
;Title - [http://www.example.org/ example.org] :Short description
Instead, I propose the simpler, shorter, and more compatible:
'''[http://domain.com/ Title]''' :Description
—Eep² 20:46, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Semicolon isn't shorthand for "bold", it's shorthand for "list entry". (And colon isn't shorthand for "indent", it's shorthand for "list entry description".) It's logical markup, not physical markup - it's supposed to be displayed according to the definitions in the skin. --Robkelk (talk) 22:19, 25 December 2015 (UTC)
BMWwiki and BoyWiki are down
Should they be removed? --Cnovak 06:39, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
The list needs to be cleaned up. I made the start. Please help! --Aff123a 19:33, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
Both spongebob square pants wikis cease to exist. (spongewiki and spongywiki)
Is not on this list and uses MediaWiki. 184.108.40.206 07:58, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
I propose that the following website should be removed from the list as the domain was not registered:
- MapleStory - BrandonFrohs.com
- Wiki to help players of the MMORPG MapleStory.
- Devil Dogs, USA- Devil Dogs, USA
- a website for gamers.
i am hoping this is where i would add my site to the list. if not sorry. 11:14, 3 December 2011 220.127.116.11
edited the link. sorry about that i didnt understand what link was to be added. Deathwish 19:00, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- The link should go directly to your main wiki page. P.S. you forgot to sign so please replace "18.104.22.168" with "~~~" to finish your signature, and use "~~~~" for future posts. Allen4names 17:29, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
We need to change the url to wiki.devildog.tk. --Deathwish 15:08, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
Cleaned up # and A sections.
I cleaned up the # and A sections. Here is a list of the sites I removed and why.
- www.800areacodes.com/reverse-phone-lookup/Main_Page (404)
- www.aboutus.org/ (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- wiki.libagar.org/ (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- www.aiononlinewiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page (404)
- alfretonwiki.co.uk/ (404)
- www.answers.com/topic/wiki (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- huntergeophysics.eb2a.com/anzarc/index.php/Main_Page (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- gangadevipalli.in/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (404)
- www.starcadia.sasoriza.us/wiki/ (404)
- asianbusinessroundtable.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (404)
- fatalfitness.com/athlepedia (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- www.atcollectionagency.com/ (Dead end.)
- wiki.atleticomadrid.de/en/ (Dead end.)
- www.avlis.org/wiki (404)
- www.awardannals.com (Does not use MediaWiki.)
- www.ax25.org (Does not use MediaWiki.)
I hope this helps, and I encourage you guys to clean up some of the other sections.
I'm the admin of the Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources wiki, and I'm trying to update the link to that wiki from orain.org to miraheze.org. This wiki won't let me - the Anti-Spam rule is kicking in. How do I fix the link to my wiki?
- Never mind - I found I can make the update using the "Edit Source" link instead of the "Edit" link.
replace with table
a table would be useful, so we could show other stats such as "number of contributions" or "number of monthly active users" or something which could be sortable — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2605:6000:1522:4f0a:5cc9:72b:f551:ca66 (talk • contribs)
- I'd suggest removing this (and related pages) entirely and point to wikiapiary:, which has such tables already and a big list of sites. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) 10:28, 9 January 2019 (UTC)