Talk:SUL finalisation/Renaming requests design
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Until bugzilla:69291 (main component of bugzilla:39817) is fixed, we have no idea what we're talking about when it comes to scale of renames.
- Unless the stewards cry for such an interface in chorus and have a clear idea how it should look like, I adamantly oppose any investment of developer resources on it.
I'll ignore this proposal page until an indicationof users interestis provided. Regards, Nemo 06:54, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose If a user asks to be renamed to '利用者:男性器' (User:Penis), then who will be around to reject the request? --Stefan2 (talk) 14:49, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- There are talks in the works for getting global renamers set up, which presumably would include experienced users from across many, many languages to look out for this sort of issue. I don't think stewards would be comfortable being uninformed in that scenario either. I'll note that this entire process will be community-driven by stewards on meta; the WMF is providing the technical tools to make it all happen. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:01, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Nemo, as you've hopefully seen already legoktm is working on 69291 to see what he can do there to merge accounts and double check the scalability. As for the interface design proposal, Jorm has been building it from the ground up with advice from stewards, including whether or not to build a special page to begin with. If you'd like, you and I can invite some stewards over here from meta to discuss this concern and make sure it's adequately addressed. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:01, 17 August 2014 (UTC)