Talk:QINU fix

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following discussion has been transferred from Meta-Wiki.
Any user names refer to users of that site, who are not necessarily users of MediaWiki.org (even if they share the same username).

2006[edit]

Why I created this page[edit]

I just created this page because I read a few people mentioning the same behavior. I'm sure there is a better way to talk about this problem, but I wanted to post a fix so newbies like me could figure it out.

Possibly, the MediaWiki extensions FAQ##How_do_I_render_wikitext_in_my_extension.3F entry on rendering Wikitext should be changed to discourage people from using global $wgOut to access the parser?

Socoljam 20:22, 23 July 2006 (UTC)

I'm having this exact problem with my nowiki tags. But, we're having trouble finding where in what file to change the code. Can anyone help? Rlevse 13:27, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
This was being caused by copying pages from Wikipedia and special being carried over. Remove the special codes and it works fine.Rlevse 19:33, 10 August 2006 (UTC)

2007[edit]

== Bug 8820 ==bugzilla:8820 in LocalSettings.php

# If PHP's memory limit is very low, some operations may fail.
# ini_set( 'memory_limit', '20M' );
ini_set('zend.ze1_compatibility_mode','off');

sloves the problem without access to php.ini

--6 May 2007

2014[edit]

QINU is back[edit]

I started having this bug out of nowhere (apparently, obviously). I'm using MW 1.22.2 and PHP 5.4. I tried updating all the "parser hook" extensions but nothing. I then deactivated ALL the extensions (except Semantic MediaWiki, Maps and Validator, which I cannot for now), and still nothing. My memory limit is high (1024 MB), so the fix mentioned above doesn't apply. The bug arises both with "ref" tags and "nowiki" tags, and maybe others, but I didn't test them all. Anyone knows what may be happening? Thanks! --Felipe (talk) 00:21, 7 August 2014 (UTC)

For future reference, the bug was caused by the SpamBlackList extension. I deactivated the extension and the bug was gone. I don't know what was wrong, and I didn't care to investigate. --Felipe (talk) 13:41, 24 September 2014 (UTC)
Same problem. Same solution. Deactivating the SpamBlackList extension. Christharp (talk) 23:15, 8 December 2014 (UTC)

I have this problem caused by {{Special:RecentChanges}} when there is no recent changes. I have no idea about how to avoid that... --Varlin (talk) 22:41, 17 November 2014 (UTC)

Like the user above, I found that this bugs is generated by the Special Page RecenteChanges... When it doesn't found a recent changes (for 2 weeks), it break. My solution was: to make some changes every week at least. (This is because I don't find a correction to the special page.) v1ru5tx 22:49, 21 November 2014 (UTC)