This page is now extremely out of date compared to Wikipedia's current implementation of the Portals template. ParserFunctions seems unnecessary, and Scribunto+Lua are fundamental requirements. For all intents and purposes, this guide is broken.
- W:Wikipedia:Portal/Instructions (creating portals)
- W:Wikipedia:Portal guidelines
- W:Wikipedia:Transclusion costs and benefits
--Zven 21:00, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Zven.
- You've put these links here on this talk page. Kinda strange since we dont have a "Help:Portal" page currently.
- Are you suggesting that add these links into the user help somewhere? i.e. Help for users on how to create a 'Portal'. It's a fairly wikipedia-specific concept. Not that helpful for our concise MediaWiki user manual in my opinion. At least not in isolation like this.
- I was thinking we could expand upon more wishy-washy wiki concepts and suggestions for ways of expanding and organising a wiki. This kind of section might include advice on how to create a 'portal' I suppose.
- -- Harry Wood 14:23, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- It was in response to Project:Support desk/Archive 12#How_to_make_portals posted by User_talk:Duesentrieb. I have just started putting material together for a Help:Portals page which I think is a good idea. It needs to cover the general MediaWiki concepts of setting up portals, security on main page from melicious edits, potentially Dynamic Page List, using transclusion, separating design and content etc--Zven 20:34, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Namespace Portal not working Wiki Vietnam
I installed the namespace for Portal on my wiki, my wiki is Vietnamese. And the problem is that my wiki doesn't understand the "Chủ đề" namespace. I installed in LocalSetting.pphp as follows:
define("NS_PORTAL", 100); // This MUST be even. define( "NS_PORTAL_TALK", 101 );
// Add namespaces. $wgExtraNamespaces[NS_PORTAL] = "Chủ đề"; $wgExtraNamespaces[NS_PORTAL_TALK] = "Portal_talk";