Hello AKlapper (WMF) !!!
I focus on activities on Japanese Wikipedia, so I have not noticed your response.
AKlapper (WMF) wrote that the question about the role of Wikimedia Phabricator should be written here, so I will write my question.
Before that, I briefly describe how I got here.
One of my main activities is translating articles from other languages into Japanese Wikipedia using content translation.
And I have made several bug reports on Talk:Content translation (because content translations often cause errors.)
I doubted that Talk: Content translation can be a WOP (write only page), as the response to the bug report was unpleasant.
Then, after a question and answer on Talk:Content translation, I learned about the existence of Wikimedia Phabricator.
Well, what I want to know is what is the role of Wikimedia Phabricator in the development and maintenance of MediaWiki.
More specifically, what is Wikimedia Phabricator's responsibility for content translation bug remedy?
I'm guessing from the information I've obtained so far:
- . The actual work of MediaWiki development and maintenance is done by engineers who are members of Wikimedia Phabricator.
- . Wikimedia Phabricator members, like Wikipedia members, are mostly free volunteers.
- . It is up to each member to decide what kind of project each member will participate in.
- . As a tendency for engineers, They are more interested in new development than maintenance work.
- . That is the reason why content translation debugging does not proceed.
I would like to ask whether the above assumptions are correct or not.
PS. I got a Wikimedia Phabricator account by mistake. Though I am interested in program development, unfortunately I only have basic knowledge of VB.
--HaussmannSaintLazare (talk) 02:52, 20 April 2020 (UTC)