Talk:MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle/Archive
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Very early feedback
Just some first impressions. I'm sure that you know all this and plan fixes.
- Copy-pasting a Bash script doesn't feel so great.
- The current Git Bash script only works for the first downloading and not for updates.
- Only Translate seems to have a tag defined.
- Why use tags and not branches? `git tag' shows the funny "You are in detached HEAD state" message. There probably is a nice solution in Git for this and I just don't know it.
- php maintenance/update.php should be more automatic.
- 1. Maybe not, but please suggest an alternative.
- 2. What's broken? It doesn't work is not a good bug report.
- 3. I only included Translate in this test release.
- 4. I asked saper to comment on git things. Tags are usually used for releases, but I don't mind if we push tens of branches instead of tens of tags.
- 5. That's core issue.
- --Nikerabbit (talk) 07:31, 20 November 2012 (UTC)