> If you don't have a public web site, you could set up a project on Tool Labs for this.
- @Florianschmidtwelzow: It's all up to the mentor so if you plan to mentor any Doxygen related tasks, feel free to edit the boilerplate text! In phab:T117526 TheDJ expressed interest in mentoring but that task needs clarification (see my last comment) before we can make it available. Would you fancy helping? :) --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 16:51, 6 December 2015 (UTC)
Ideas for beginner tasks
- git/gerrit tutorial (with patch to a test repo and perhaps user page),
- MediaWiki-Vagrant setup (and post a screenshot of an extension in action? or maybe that's a separate task, to improve the Extension namespace pages) (Tgr added an interesting task to verify MediaWiki-Vagrant usage, Create MediaWiki-Vagrant role for a MediaWiki extension).
We might consider:
- screencast of registering on a wiki and fiddling with Special:Preferences;
- (asciinema of) running phpunit tests;
- registering accounts everywhere MediaWiki-related;
- printing one MediaWiki or GCI poster in A4 (do we have one?) and attach it somewhere at school;
Nemo 08:18, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Get foreign students to review that our mediawiki.org basic docs are easy to understand even for non-native English speakers (inspired on the «Teacher enrolling students» thread on gci-discuss). Platonides (talk) 22:07, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Good idea, how to make a list of pages they should check? How to verify that the page was actually read, should we ask an edit? Petrb suggests that there are many pages which would be very simple to improve, but I don't know how to find them. :) System administrator documentation could be tested by setting up a wiki and trying to follow the steps suggested by the documentation, I don't know. Nemo 11:15, 10 December 2015 (UTC)
- I like the idea of having a task where students add screenshots to Extension: namespace pages. Legoktm (talk) 01:57, 10 December 2015 (UTC)
1500 characters are too little for the wiki tasks, so I started moving my task description to the wiki. This is also useful to use wikitext instead of markdown and easily reuse the text next year. :) Project:Language_policy/Migration_list#Google_Code-in_task_description --Nemo 09:33, 24 December 2015 (UTC)