Talk:Firefox users and session loss bug
I'm not sure this page should be on MediaWiki.org: this is mostly a problem caused by the Wikimedia Foundation adding too many cookies. --Nemo 13:54, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- At this point, the Firefox bug report linked to in Further information shows many users at a few non-Wikimedia sites reporting the identical problem. The sites involved have multiple subdomains. FWIW/FYI/For The Curious. —Geekdiva (talk) 07:52, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
Reporting any similar problems in FF 53?
The closing statement in the Firefox bug states:
- "If people are still experiencing issues on firefox 53 or later, please file new bugs so we can track remaining issues separately." (dated: 2017-05-19)
Points I suggest considering:
- Should we add a suggestion to report this problem if a user sees the same problem happening in Firefox 53 (or even later)?
- Is the audience for this page more likely to include less tech-savvy people?
- If so, should include instructions along with the suggestion?
I am leaving the above details for others to decide what to do with, because:
- I don't edit a whole lot on Mediawiki so I'm a lot less bold here than I am elsewhere. Heh.
- Due to real-life limitations, I often can't make it back to things I start, so many days all I can reliably do is
dump tasks onleave ideas for others.
Without cookietime I need to test https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/cookie-autodelete/ Maybe it can be configured to kill some of those cookies I don't need (though in Firefox the problem is less severe than in Chromium because I can at least manually increase the cookie limit). --Nemo 09:56, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
I am experiencing a similar problem with SeaMonkey 2.49.1 (Mozilla). The hint how to solve the problem doesn't seem to help. Maybe I need to restart my SeaMonkey for the changes to take effect? noychoH 18:55, 15 April 2018 (CET)
- How strange, here I could save it without any problem but in Wikipedia it is still impossible. 184.108.40.206 16:58, 15 April 2018 (UTC) Only that I have been logged out and instead of my User ID, my IP has appeared. NoychoH (talk) 17:01, 15 April 2018 (UTC)