Talk:Amsterdam Hackathon 2013/Workshops
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Set up your development environment for MediaWiki
- How to set up the Eclipse plugin for review? Answer.
- How to reproduce the MediaWiki environment for local testing? See Installation
- Can I set up a Wikipedia-Like environment for a student project locally? (Including Jenkins)
- Jenkins doesn't actually interface with Wikipedia for the most part - do you mean Wikimedia?
- If you want to set up every single thing we have running on Wikimedia servers, you'll need a lot of infrastructure and I don't think it's really necessary.
- If you do mean Wikipedia, Manual:Importing XML dumps is a helpful page. --MarkTraceur (talk) 21:21, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- It would be good to have a (simple) way to also have the same basic configuration and extensions as a given Wikimedia project. Right now the only way I can find is to go to Special:Version and import all extensions one by one, as well as finding all relevant configuration variables from mw:LocalSettings.php. Darkdadaah (talk) 12:22, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Slides: File:Wikimedia Hackathon 2013 - Scribunto presentation slides.pdf
- Scribunto Lua reference manual: mw:Extension:Scribunto/Lua reference manual
- Standard Lua 5.1 reference manual: http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html
- Programming in Lua: (Covers Lua 5.0, but much is still relevant) http://www.lua.org/pil/
- Lua users wiki: (sadly, not running MediaWiki) http://lua-users.org/wiki/